- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
IT Help Desk Support Operative
A leading defence organisation is requiring an IT Help Desk Support Operative to join their offices in Yeovil.
A leading defence organisation is requiring an IT Help Desk Support Operative to join their offices in Yeovil on a 6 month contract.
This role will require you to hold or be eligible to obtain Security Clearance (SC). You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. In addition, this role involves direct access to ITAR Material. Therefore we can only consider British Nationals for this role and cannot consider those who hold a Dual Nationality. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
Role paying £18.75 per hour LTD/Umbrella or £14.38 PAYE.
This role is to provide first line response to telephone and on-line help requests for the applications supported by the IT department at the organisation's Yeovil office.
The main requirements of the role are:-
· Answering telephone requests from both internal staff and Customers regarding software and software based products supported and maintained by the organisation. These requests need to be transcribed onto on-line forms for prioritisation, allocation and action;
· Monitoring, tracking and maintaining the on-line help request forms to ensure that all requests are being dealt with in a timely manner according to their priority;
· Where possible, the jobholder may be expected to address minor bureaucratic and less complex technical questions directly. The role does NOT, however, require specific technical or product skills or experience.
· A good telephone manner and the ability to summarise and write down verbally expressed technical questions;
· Good Customer Service skills;
· Comfortable with using computers - to be able to access and update on-line and local files and to use common facilities such as word processors (e.g. Word) and spreadsheets (e.g. Excel)."
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.