- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Infrastructure Engineer -Birmingham- £45-54k
The Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for providing 3rd line implementation, maintenance and infrastructure support services to ensure the stable operation of the organisation's infrastructure, data and voice networks.
The focus is on remote and on premise infrastructure support and administration. Responsibilities include:
- 3rd level Incident and Problem Management (Reactive and Proactive):
- Working closely with service desk and 2nd line team to resolve incidents within SLAs
- Responding to any faults which require an on-site presence or lengthy investigation (problems)
- Proactively identifying operational problems and contributing to their resolution
- Providing input into and, where necessary, supporting the management of Capacity, Availability and Performance Management.
- Providing input into Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning.
- Providing technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures liaising and escalating for additional expertise where needed.
- Providing support at Data Centres (physical visits when required)
- Travelling to regional offices / Data Centres when required.
- Managing and servicing of requests:
- Deploying and provisioning infrastructure (localised & Centralised)
- Responding to system and service access requests
- Pro-actively planning and managing work activities
- Contributing to the planning of maintenance and installation work and implementing planned updates
- Maintaining accurate operational documentation on all elements of the Infrastructure and Infrastructure systems.
- Identifying and escalating improvements to the operational management of the server infrastructure
- Documenting incidents, and resolutions, appropriately in the IT Service Management system and or Knowledge Base and updating system documentation accordingly
- Providing out-of-hours support when is required
- Awareness / administration of Windows Server 2008, 2012 & 2016 family
- Microsoft AD Administration (User/OU/Object Management and permissions)
- Administration of security certificates, TLS Ciphers and cryptography features
- Server Virtualisation and Virtualisation technologies (VmWare/Hyper V)
- Citrix thin client/Desktop Virtualisation computing (Citrix Xen family/VDI), minimum version 7.9 (ideally 7.15+)
- Netapp ONTAP SAN storage (7-mode and Clustered mode)
- IIS Support
- Windows/SQL Clustering
- Windows Storage
- Preferably to have some exposure to Wildfly (formerly known as JBoss - Application Server)
- Willingness to support bespoke applications solution.
- Good understanding and extensive experience of Zerto and VEEAM
- LAN Infrastructure topologies (protocols & fault diagnosis)
- Excellent understanding of WAN connectivity types (MPLS, DSL)
- Cisco network switches (Catalyst)
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- F5 BIG IP NLBs
- Understanding of Fibre Networking technologies and Fibre switches
- Windows Desktop OS Support (Windows 7 & Windows 10)
- Microsoft desktop applications (MS Office suite 2010 & 2016)
- Windows WSUS v 3, Trend Micro, MacAfee EPO v 3- 5 client management
Working Knowledge of Service Operations concepts against an ITIL Framework including Incident and Problem Availability, Capacity and Performance management and reporting.
For more information please feel free to get in touch via LinkedIn - -/mark-azure-recruitment or by email - mark (dot) blackwood (at) networkerstechnology dot com or give me a call - the number listed in the advert is my direct dial.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...