- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Infrastructure SME - Fareham - Up to £50,000
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure SME to join a leading organisation based in Fareham.
- As an Infrastructure SME you will be part of a team that creates, develops and maintains the computing environment for the whole Group, maximising the availability of all systems, their security, resilience and accessibility for all Group staff.
- This remit includes proactively supporting the rest of the Group IT team in their roles by providing 2nd/3rd line support for issues identified by the Desktop Services and Business Systems teams.
- The team takes a user-centric view of technology, ensuring that new tools, products and enhancements consider the impact and benefit to the business and user community
- Analyse System Requirements. The Infrastructure SME analyses existing systems to ensure they offer adequate security and are effectively meeting the needs of the organisation. They coordinate with all areas of the organisation to see that the system is working as optimally as it should. They also analyse business requirements to identify where they can integrate new hardware, operating systems, or connectivity solutions.
- Recommend alternative technologies and improvements based on their knowledge of IT and their analysis of the systems' needs. The Infrastructure SME may recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organisational goals. These recommendations are presented clearly and understandably to the IT Services Manager and the wider IT management team.
- Lead Design and Review of New System Infrastructure. Lead the design and review processes for new systems. They develop and document the proposed technical design for the integration and implementation of any new software, working across the IT department. Designing for resiliency, scalability, high availability and failure.
- Plan for Integration. Must create detailed plans for the integration of new systems or indeed service architecture into existing infrastructure. This includes logistical plans for the Operations areas to conduct the physical integrations, during which the Infrastructure SME provides technical direction and support.
- Evaluate Projects After a new system has been integrated - participates in evaluating the success of the project, identifying best practices and lessons learned. They provide feedback to leadership and incorporate this information into future integration plans.
- Support the IT Services Manager in the delivery of sustainable and scalable technology solutions to support the business, in line with the IT strategy.
- Provide guidance and support to the IT Services Team in the appropriate use of technology and infrastructure.
- Use recognised best practice methodologies in all areas of system administration.
- Actively document all regular administration procedures and ensure they are kept up-to-date.
- Work with the IT Team to provide support and advice to Team Members and general business users.
- Ensure that all costs incurred within the department and under your influence represents value for money in terms of quality and price.
- Significant experience operating in a customer operating in a customer facing IT support role dealing with a broad range of technical competencies
- Designing and building a cloud solution for migrating internal and hosted infrastructure to Microsoft Azure
- Experience designing, integrating and managing of complex infrastructure solutions
- Demonstrate an understanding of cyber security principles
- Experienced in planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices
- Significant supporting and administering of a Windows Active Directory environment across multiple sites
- Significant experience of the Microsoft product stack (experienced designing solutions around Microsoft O365, Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint)
- Demonstrable experience in administering a multi-site environment delivering a consistent service
- Able to perform a leading role in identifying and adopting new technologies that have the end user in mind
- In depth knowledge of PC/Server architecture and end to end administration
- Major experience of MS Windows platforms in a networked multisite environment
- Operational experience of LAN/WAN infrastructure, hardware and software
- Experience working with corporate anti-virus
- Able to properly assess new technology, identifying new technology potentials and pitfall
- Strong customer service ethos with a positive, level headed approach.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...