- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Junior System Engineer
Junior Systems Engineer - Swindon - £18-24k
Working for a fantastic Consultancy and MSP providing support and expertise to its customers within the 'Run the business' arena by delivering global managed services that effectively manage infrastructure, applications, content and people to a defined outcome.
This role is for a Junior System Engineer within the Resource Services' technical resource pool, providing IT support services, predominantly based on customer sites.
- Previous Desktop and Laptop builds and deployments or some IT support
- Recording and maintaining asset details
- Experience with building physical and virtual machines
- Familiar with operating systems, such as, but not limited to: o Windows 7 - 10
- Handling IT hardware
- Technical troubleshooting in heterogeneous environments
- Experience working with ticketing systems such as ServiceNow
- Knowledge and understanding of working to defined SLAs
- Understanding of IT workflows/ITIL practices
- Basic knowledge of Windows 10 operating system
- Basic understanding of Desktop and Laptop hardware
- A good troubleshooting mentality
- Proactive approach to problem solving and service improvement
- Ability to cross train and pick up different technologies as required
- Ability to liaise effectively with users and other support team members
- Demonstrable experience in the following technologies: Windows 7, 8.1 and 10
- Ability to handle day-to-day technical issues, including but not limited to: Printer issues, performance issues with user devices, hardware fixes and warranty management. Installs, moves, changes, ability to support and deal with all types of users across a wide spectrum of capability and seniority.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...