- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Head of Support & Service Delivery
Head of Support & Service Delivery - Leatherhead - £70,000 - £80,000
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Support & Service Delivery to join one of the globes most interesting companies.
The Head of Technology & Service Delivery will be responsible for global Service Delivery and Technology within the business, as part of the Enterprise IT function. Accountable for driving IT operational efficiencies, improved user experience, system and service improvements, cost reductions and increased IT stability.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities
- Build a mature and holistic view of infrastructure and service delivery across the group
- Create alignment between the Enterprise IT technology roadmap and business strategy, to improve performance and drive out cost inefficiencies.
- Agree and implement relevant change and service improvement programmes required to improve customer satisfaction across the IT function.
- Ensure that metrics, Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements are agreed with the business and met to continually improve the performance of IT Operations.
- Manage and mentor a high performing, customer service focused team
- Oversee the alignment of a service delivery model to ITIL industry standards. Work with Change Advisory Board to ensure excellent Change Management processes from both a technical and business perspective.
- Build strong credibility and relationships - establish self as a trusted advisor
- Assess down-time that could affect the functioning of the business in its present state.
- Implement and maintain end-to-end operational processes, tools, standards, procedures, policies and other governance in line with Enterprise IT standards.
- Ensure optimal use of ITSM toolset (ServiceNow) to deliver and monitor service provision
- Ensure that disaster recovery architecture and operations are in place and maintained
- Implement the necessary processes, systems and tools to monitor, report, measure and maintain overall service performance in line with agreed levels.
- Demonstrate best practice as a member of the Enterprise IT leadership team to ensure global IT standards are maintained across the Division.
- Proactively engage with internal customers to forecast business demand a
- Ensure the appropriate selection, governance and performance management of external suppliers, strategic vendors and partners to deliver IT support services, ensuring regular service reviews take place.
- Maintain the overall budget and forecasting for the Technology and Service Delivery function, ensuring service operates within relevant financial targets and constraints for the Metals & Minerals division.
- Ensure all services are appropriately costed, charged and recovered - defining and operating relevant service pricing and charging models.
- Negotiate appropriate contractual arrangements with suppliers and maintain proactive management of commercial contracts, renewals and tendering.
- Drive efficiencies and prioritise effectively, using cost/benefit analysis to ensure appropriate investment
- Provide strong management and mentorship for the IT support team
- As the escalation Point for Technical Issues for the business, take ownership of problems and proactively resolve technical issues
- Coordinate the restoration of critical services as quickly as possible with minimal business disruption
- Identify and deliver opportunities for service and business improvement. Drive the analysis, identification, prioritisation and implementation of improvements and efficiencies.
- Collaborate with programme delivery, including the technical implementation of project objectives.
- Work with Enterprise Architects and peers to implement continuous improvement, i.e. migration to cloud platforms, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and industry best practice.
- Service transition and integration ensuring seamless change of products from project into BAU IT Service.
- Global remit within a successful business spanning various geographies. Has managed an international team and understands challenges and nuances of different time zones, cultures etc.
- Accomplished Service Delivery and Infrastructure Leader with experience working in a complex organisation with various operating companies, divisions, products or services across multiple sites and territories.
- Will have worked with or managed an offshore support function previously; preferably an internal team.
Knowledge and Skills
- Has implemented ITIL best practice previously, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Track record of gaining control of costs and seeing clearly where cost-savings can be made.
- Evidence of successful influencing/stakeholder management across a complex, global business model.
- Has previously mapped and implemented an IT Service/Operational Delivery structure that meets business needs; including internal talent, selection of suitable outsource partners, as required.
- Has embedded repeatable processes to prevent a culture of 're-inventing the wheel'.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael coe at Michael (dot) coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.