- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Senior Oracle Technical Specialist
A leading utilities company are looking for a senior technical specialist to step into a governance role and help lead a team in a smart metering roll out.
As the government led initiative to implement smart meters faces energy suppliers across the UK with new challenges, my client are searching for a confident, proactive and dynamic individual with a technical background and a proven track record of driving business improvement. This person doesn't necessarily need to be hands on, as technical training can be provided. The real requirement of this role is to manage the service, asserting technical leadership and responding to problems and incidents promptly and effectively. You will be expected to take ownership from the get go, and consistently drive performance and improvements.
Although you will have no line manager responsibility, there is a strong need for managerial capability within this role. You will be expected to coach the junior technical consultants, tracking their performance and addressing any concerns with them directly. A level of expectation should be set, monitored and consistently adhered to. Relationship building is a fundamental element of this role, as you will constantly be liaising with 3rd parties such as vendors, technical & non-technical teams and senior stakeholders within the business. Although the behaviours of this role are more important than the technical ability, you should still have a basic understanding and be able to bridge the communication gap between technical and non-technical teams.
- Technical background - some understanding of databases, Oracle & PLSQL
- Process improvement - proven track record of driving business change
- Service management - consistently reviews performance, excellent incident and problem management with ability to take ownership and use own initiative
- Communication & stakeholder management - building effective working relationships with relevant teams and 3rd parties
- Utilities experience - MDM & MWM, the OUAF framework
- Experience of vendor management and working with 3rd party offshore support
- Oracle Fusion & WebLogic
My client need a self-starting, driven individual who can confidently work off their own initiative. If you are motivated by business improvement and have worked in a capacity where you positively and proactively influence change within an organisation, you could be a real asset to this team.
What's in it for you?
- Generous holiday allowance with the ability to buy more
- Excellent share & pension plans
- Technical training
- Tailored internal development opportunities
- Flexible working available
If you like the sound of this role and think you have what it takes, please apply through the vacancy or contact me on Millie.Dorrington@networkerstechnology.com for more information.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- How to attract the best developers to your permanent jobs
With businesses looking to reduce their reliance on a contract workforce, Rupert Ronca looks at how businesses can attract d...