- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Project Manager - Software and Services
A Software and Services company in Horsham are on a growth trajectory and therefore require a dynamic, creative, problem solving Project Manager to join their collaborative, empowered team.
A Software and Services company in Horsham are on a growth trajectory and therefore require a dynamic, creative, problem solving Project Manager to join their collaborative, empowered team. Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including flexible working and your birthday off form just some of the reasons to work for this forward-thinking company.
My client solve complex data problems to help their customers make better and faster decisions. They do this through their team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they're able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better business decisions.
As a Project Manager you will work with the Project and Solutions team to deliver a range of software and services projects. You will be based in the Horsham head office, with the option to work flexibly, and from home when appropriate.
- Understanding/experience with software development lifecycle/software engineering background
- Experience of delivering software projects balancing time, cost and quality
- Experience of managing teams and motivating teams of engineers and consultants
- Ability to monitor, analyse and report on performance of all allocated projects
- Ability to manage, report and identify project risks
- Ability to manage small and large project budgets to agreed limits
- Ability to work directly with customers to ensure delivery and identify new opportunities
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile environments
- Delivery of geospatial or GIS projects
- Understanding of defence and local government sectors
- A track record in sub-contractor management
- Ability to monitor financial health of a project and programme and forecasting
- APM-P certification or Scrum Master certification
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
- Encourage and support continuous process improvement and effective change management
- Whole project lifecycle exposure from bid support through to business benefit realisation
You will also have:
- Fantastic communication skills both in spoken and written English
- Know how to talk to both technical and non-technical people (and translate between the two)
- The ability to work at and travel to customer sites around the UK as well as the head office in Horsham
- You must be eligible to be SC cleared
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical and life insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday!
- Flexible working hours including the ability to work from home
- Regular company social events
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply with your most recent CV and I will be in touch directly to interview you for the role. Please also feel free to pass this advert to anyone you think could be a good fit!
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
- Women in Project Management: Making the most of the workforce
Baiba Ziga, Project Management Recruitment Consultant, Networkers, reports back on some of the key take aways from the APM N...
Top in Project Management and Business Change
- 7 ways to progress your IT project management career
Looking to take the next step in your project management career? Project management recruitment specialist Sarah Flageole sh...
- 5 industries hiring business change managers in 2018
Baiba Ziga reveals the industries seeking Business Change Managers in 2018.