- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
IT Infrastructure Manager
Infrastructure Manager - London - £65,000 - £67,000
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure Manager to join one of the UK's leading organisations.
The infrastructure manager is responsible for providing the strategic direction for the infrastructure function on a European level. You will lead the development of infrastructure strategy and architecture standards and procedures for the organisation.
Together with the infrastructure lead, systems admin engineer and third party service provides you will provide a reliable a highly available server and network infrastructure service to users.
- Responsible for managing overall IT day to day operations to improve infrastructure costs, performance and end user satisfaction
- Provide leadership in planning and managing computer operations and production support, systems and database administration and network operations
- Ensure system performance and SLA's are met
- Manage IT resource requirements to ensure appropriate balance between tactical and strategic demands
- Implement IT continuous improvement programs
- Lead IT asset management team to ensure assets full lifetime cycle value is achieved
- Manage strategic relationships with key IT product and service providers
- Provide in depth technical expertise for both tactical and operational initiatives
- Provision in close cooperation with third party service provider an IT infrastructure that is suitable for the group to access and use their business applications
- Assess the relative impact of IT industry trends to current and future enterprise infrastructure needs and projects
- Interface with business unit managers to define infrastructure support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness
- Analyse and predict trends and develop long range plans designed to maintain cost effectiveness
- Participate in IT strategy planning activities
- Responsible for designing and troubleshooting the European part of the groups global network of IT services to meet the functional objects of the business
- Develop the reporting for vendor performance in areas that include quality, capacity, systems and responsiveness
- Ensure the infrastructure team is mitigating, monitoring and managing infrastructure related risks
- Work closely with project team members line managers for time allocation and prioritisation
- Manages a dynamic team of individuals, constantly searching for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of technology systems to meet business needs
- Participate in the budget process
- Occasional travel to Europe required
- At least 5 years of IT experience including managing teams responsible for architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management and infrastructure planning and operations.
- Experience in areas such as network design and administration, data center operations, database administration, and systems programming and administration
- Strong management and people development skills
- Understanding of ITIL practices
- Ability to think logically and demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage internal and external projects from inception to completion
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Skill in conceptualising creative solutions as well as documenting them and presenting them to senior management
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Ability to develop and deliver projects using leading edge technologies
- Experience implementing packages and working with vendors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.