- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Want to work on one of the largest business transformations on the South Coast? Are you a solutions focused individual with great relationship building skills and an analytical mind? This is the role for you!
A large engineering and technology company based on the South Coast are looking for a Principal or Senior Requirements Analyst. The role is part of a new team working on their transformation project which is one of the largest in the area.
The purpose of the role is to lead the development of requirements suitable to support acquisition, working as part of programme or project teams, in accordance with the company's internal Requirements Management (RM) Methodology. Support the continuous improvement of the RM Methodology by feeding back and implementing lessions learned from application.
The role will require interaction with a diverse range of stakeholders, and to identify, assess and resolve complex issues and interdependencies. The Requirements Analyst must exhibit a mind-set that reflects appreciation of the "bigger picture" such that when working on a specific programme or project, they nonetheless consider the broader perspective and potential impacts or dependencies for related programmes/projects or the enterprise as a whole.
The role will be responsible for planning work packages as part of broader programme and project plans, sometimes with significant ambiguity. Resolving conflicts arising from development or implementation of the plan will be an important responsibility.
The role is not operational; changes and issues will need to be managed in line with the overall goals and guidance/direction provided by the Head of EA and Requirements and the relevant programme or project managers.
* Develop RM plans tailored to the needs of individual programmes or projects but in accordance with the RM Methodology to ensure a consistent, coherent and effective approach
* Lead the implementation of RM strategies/plans in programmes or projects as allocated to ensure effective application of the desired approach
* Lead the effort to ensure solution-level requirements for a programme or project are defined and clearly articulated and are complete, coherent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable
* Lead the effort to ensure that solution-level requirements align with the defined business needs (including affordability, safety, value and environmental considerations) so that the programme outcomes and/or project outputs can be delivered
* Ensure that requirements are fully aligned to, contextualised by, and supported by relevant architectural products to ensure coherency, traceability and clear understanding
* Build relationships internally and externally to develop and maintain an understanding of trends, opportunities and threats in the market and related technologies to provide context for how the business will evolve over the next 10 years
* Support the development of other Requirements Analysts within the team, and related practitioners across the business through delivery of formal and informal training
* Support the continuous improvement of the RM Methodology, feeding back and implementing lessons learned from application to ensure the processes, tools and guidance continue to evolve and mature
Qualifications and Skills :
- The job holder will have a numerate background; typically they will hold a good honours degree in a relevant Engineering, Science, or Mathematics subject - or equivalent professional experience (applicants not holding the expected qualification but who have undertaken structured Engineering training, e.g. CAA Bletchley or apprenticeship recognised by a professional body, and have extensive engineering experience will be considered)
- Significant experience of selecting appropriate methodologies for requirements analysis and in conducting requirements analysis and management activities for large and/or complex organisations and systems/service architectures
- Knowledge of, and experience in, methodologies that ensure that requirements developed are appropriate to the integrated role of technology and people in service delivery
- Knowledge and experience of applying architectural frameworks, methodologies and modelling techniques such as TOGAF, MoDAF, NAF and SysML
- Knowledge and experience of applying service orientation, ideally in the context of the ITIL service lifecycle
- Sophisticated understanding of the role and application of requirements analysis, requirements management, and architecture in the systems engineering lifecycle
- Good understanding of the air traffic domain and/or similar related domains and technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; able to quickly discern the critical facts amidst the noise, and avoid unnecessary complexity
- Strong verbal, listening, written and visual communication skills; able to interact effectively and persuasively at all levels of seniority
- Strong organisational and project management skills - experience of MSP/PRINCE2 or similar beneficial
- Able to build relationships and develop credibility with stakeholders quickly, with a demonstrated capability to resolve conflict
- Collaborative and driven working style with a focus on delivering outcomes
If you are interested in this role please apply to this advert or alternatively please feel free to get in touch with me directly! If you know anyone you think would be suitable for the role, please forward on this advert to them and encourage them to get in touch.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.