- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Cyber Security Tools Engineer
This is also available as a contract position
You will have strong all round technical abilities with a good working knowledge of Cyber Security technologies. Specialisation in working with SIEM, NIPS or FPC products and the knowledge to apply cyber security techniques to support and maintain these products within the deployment of a complex cyber implementation will be required. Candidates with experience of other security technologies such as Malware Analysis, Digital Forensics and Vulnerability Assessment are also of interest.
- Work within a Leonardo / NATO matrix managed Cyber Security Operations and Maintenance team, providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to support the continual availability and improvement of NATOs global Cyber Defence systems;
- Work in conjunction with other cyber security specialists and engineers to support, maintain, troubleshoot and tune the suite of NCIRC security devices;
- Deep configuration and administration of one or more security technologies such as log collection, event correlation, network discovery, network traffic pattern/flow analysis, mail content checking, intrusion detection and on-line computer forensics;
- Support investigations into security related incidents;
- Maintain keen understanding of evolving Internet threats and the security techniques and procedures required to protect the NATO networks;
- Willing and able to share information and mentor others in area of specialism;
- IT security best practice, common attack types and detection / prevention methods.
- Demonstrable experience of analysing and interpreting system, security and application logs in order to diagnose faults and spot abnormal behaviours
- Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices, services (e.g. DHCP/DNS)
- Good understanding and interest in network protocols alongside the ability to troubleshoot network / system problems at a low level (packet level)
- Experience of cyber security tools such as Arcsight, Nessus Tenable, SourceFire, Cisco, Palo Alto, RSA Netwitness, NetScout, EDR / EPP forensics, McAfee
- Competent in the operation and administration of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience of automation tooling / scripting such as Puppet / Python / Perl
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.