- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
1st Line Support Engineer
Our client is seeking a Support Engineer to work as part of a team supporting clients in the UK and Europe.
Role and Objectives
- Monitor and answer the main phone during duty hours (on a rota) and assign incidents to available team members
- Monitor dashboards
- Record incidents using an ITSM tool
- Investigate issues
- Develop workaround/data correction as required
- Take ownership of incidents and ensure they are resolved within the required SLA
- Escalate urgent issues to management when required
- Perform daily checks of the applications and middleware
- Carry out user creation and password reset tasks
- Perform data transfer (Incident export and import), retrieve from and put onto the ftp site
- Provide on-site services on an ad-hoc basis when necessary
- Experience providing 1st level support
- Familiar with concepts of databases and operating system platforms such as UNIX and Windows
- Knowledge of Support tools such as ServiceNow or Remedy
- ITIL Foundation certified
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...