- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Application Test Engineer
Our client is seeking an Application Test Engineer to work as part of a team using Agile techniques developing a range of applications.
Role and Objectives
- Provide direction for testing activities, develop test strategies and undertake test planning, providing estimates of effort and duration
- Provide testing advice, guidance and instructions to test teams and junior team members
- Work with development teams to ensure testing strategies are fit for purpose
- Review and approve testing deliverables
- Monitor progress and provide regular reports to senior management
- Undertake hands-on testing
- Review and understand business requirements to identify and create test scenarios and cases
- Identify risks and issues affecting testing and quality assurance
- Maintain appropriate test systems used for fault tracking and scripts
- Extensive understanding of modern Application Testing (functional and non-functional) methodologies and practices, including processes, test analysis, software design principles and continuous improvement techniques
- Experienced with the use of test management tools (ie. QualityCentre)
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Extensive Manual testing experience
- Expertise with test automation is desirable
- Hold the ISEB/ISTQB Intermediate Qualification in Software testing or other relevant certification
- Substantial experience in test design
- User experience testing would be beneficial
- Experience using Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- How to attract the best developers to your permanent jobs
With businesses looking to reduce their reliance on a contract workforce, Rupert Ronca looks at how businesses can attract d...