- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Our client is now looking for an experienced Network Engineer to join them in Milton Keynes
The lead network architect is accountable/responsible for datacentre network designs, their implementation and all networks using any component of datacentre services. He/she shall act as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor - both internally and externally. The position is based in Milton Keynes, travel to & work in Farnborough will be required.
Specific accountabilities for the datacentre migration project include (but not limited to):
- Analyze, understand and design network services that integrate with existing or new services, including cloud services and infrastructure.
- Create the specification and design of systems to meet defined business needs. Work with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs. Able to visualize the 'ideal' user service, come up with design ideas and possible design approaches. Explores different approaches to solving problems
- Supports, designs and implements infrastructure technologies and solutions such as: compute, storage, networking, physical infrastructure, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and open source packages and solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Create and maintain up-to-date documentation, following standards guideline policy.
- Create and maintain best practices documents for Network/Security Services and maintain a knowledge base.
- Collaborate with global teams/colleagues & suppliers to enhance the business
The candidate will extensive networking experience and In-depth knowledge of design, implementation, transformation and administration surrounding the process supporting the business for network and IPS/IDS security technologies and initiatives.
The candidate must have:
- Experience in network and firewall technologies.
- Robust knowledge on LAN, WLAN and WAN technology domains.
- In-depth experience with and understanding of Checkpoint & other vendor firewalls/IPS/IDS, load balancers, traditional Cisco/Dell LAN/WAN/devices and SDN.
- Significant knowledge and experience with network analysis, design, network management, network availability/performance/resilience & capacity planning.
- Solid troubleshooting, problem solving, performance improvement and analytical skills.
- Enterprise networking and security (routing and switching protocols, network architecture, connectivity options, network management, remote access, data security, standards and compliance, identity management, log management, etc.).
- Ability to work independently, manage issues & projects with a significant "attention to detail" and consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written, content development and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership and teamwork/mentoring skills.
- Is very structured, organized, logical & process driven
- Ability to identify and analyse complex problems and decompose into actionable and measurable plans.
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to hold and maintain SC Clearance
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Communications
- R&D investment creating 5G job opportunities
As the race to 5G heats up, telecoms giants are investing huge money in creating a 5G-enabled network. With huge investment,...
- Why demand is growing for 5G-ready telecoms engineers
New research predicts there’ll be 22 million new 5G-related jobs by the year 2035. Find out what particular skills are in hi...