- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Looking for a fresh challenge that you haven't come across before? Well, a successful travel software company are opening a brand new office in Southampton they're looking for QA Analysts to join them as part of their wider QA team.
Ever had a flight delayed or cancelled, maybe a gate was changed and nobody told you. Annoying right? This company develop software that helps airlines and large travel companies communicate with their customers and give 1st class service - particularly when it comes to disruptions.
They've been going since 2000 and have become one of the industry's leading suppliers of customer messaging software. Thing is, they've been so successful that they've outgrown their current office and need to open a second one - this is where you come in.
They are looking for an experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic tester who shares their passion for collaboration and cares about quality.
What you'll be doing:
- Devising test strategies that cater to functional and non-functional requirements, assessing risk and impact of changes
- Working with business analysts and developers to review project documentation such as functional requirements and technical specifications
- Managing and performing testing, recording results and where appropriate, carrying out initial root cause investigation
- Taking responsibility for ensuring that applications fulfil the business requirements
- Defect tracking and management, working with development and support teams to identify root cause and resolve issues, working with the business during UAT defect resolution
- Inputting into the release process on quality and readiness of software
- Contributing to the design and implementation of new testing practices, including the use of automated testing tools
- Participating in process improvement initiatives
What you'll need:
- Someone with 2+ years of experience in a testing/QA role.
- Ideally, you'll have experience unit, integration, system, regression, load and performance testing.
- You'll be familiar with SQL and be able to handle some simple queries.
- They're flexible on tools however one of Jmeter or SoapUI is important.
- Some exposure to the back end would be great.
- This wouldn't be suitable for someone who has only done web testing.
- Excellent communication skills - One of the best things about working here is their open and collaborative approach to solving problems as a team.
- Salary of up to £40,000
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days annual leave (plus an option to buy more)
- 5% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
If this sounds interesting, but you'd like a bit more info… please contact liam . grady @ networkerstechnology . com or call 01489_898_864
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- How to attract the best developers to your permanent jobs
With businesses looking to reduce their reliance on a contract workforce, Rupert Ronca looks at how businesses can attract d...