- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Product Specialist - Southern Water is undertaking a major applications programme that requires a Product Specialist to support the development of projects and implement new business applications across the business
Product Specialist - Southern Water is undertaking a major applications programme that requires a Product Specialist to support the development of projects and implement new business applications across the business.
Everyone joining the project at this stage is going to be integral to its success which will be highly visible as one of the largest undertaken of its kind.
This is the largest IT transformation project ever undertaken by Southern Water and is going to transform the company across every aspect of the business.
Southern Water is looking to hire a Product Specialist to implement new business application software, capturing end user requirements and configuring, testing and integrating as necessary.
The Product specialist will be responsible for application support and Continual Improvement taking into account functional and non-functional requirements whilst working with an implementation partner to coordinate the development and implementation of services, applications and components and the configuration management database.
Southern Water are continuing to move the business towards a fully agile environment and experience of working in an agile business of a similar size will add significant value, ideally having seen them evolve through the process.
Technical areas of interest:
- Demonstrable experience of software development life-cycles including Waterfall, Agile
- Ability to develop, unit testing of code components applications on the specialist product e.g. SAP, Sharepoint, Open Text
- Demonstrable experience of coding standards, code libraries, code repositories, re-platforming, development standards, producing documentation, code quality assurance
- DBA Portfolio : Database Administration, patching, backups, Oracle, SQL Server, SAP BW/BODS, DB2, Scripting language, ETL and data modelling
- Digital and Integration
- Integration : SWAG Webmethods, SAP PI/PO, API management ( SOAP, Rest), Middleware
- ECM: Sharepoint, OpenText, SAP ECM, Documentum
- Corporate systems : SAP FICO, SAP ISU, CRM, HRMS, Workday, Successfactors, PI/PO, Payroll, MDM
- Asset application : GIS tools, Autodesk GIS, MapGuide, Mobile GIS, Geofield, address applications, AMT Sybex, SAP EALM
- OT and Telemetry : OSISOFT, PI, Telemetry /DAC System, PL/SQL,
Southern Water is one of the largest employers on the south coast and provide water to over 4 million households. They also play a big part in the local community with involvement in a number of charities including Lifeboats and Swim England.
The Product Specialist is going to be based in Worthing commutable from Brighton, Portsmouth, Crawley, Southampton and surrounding areas and is paying up to £56K + excellent benefits.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- How to attract the best developers to your permanent jobs
With businesses looking to reduce their reliance on a contract workforce, Rupert Ronca looks at how businesses can attract d...