- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Leidos are looking to build an 'Elite Team' of IT professionals and want to do this fast! Nowadays top talent doesnt hang around, so offers will be out before Christmas and the Elites should be ready to start early into the New Year!
Their HQ is in Farnborough so from time to time when you're supporting the bids & pre-sales teams you will be expected to pop in however most of the time you will be out on client sites, with only best of teams around you!
A couple of Leidos clients are, The Scottish Government, Ministry of Justice, NATS, National Health Service, NATO and the U.K. Ministry of Defence! - (Due to the nature of the work you will undergo SC clearance and be willing to undergo DV clearance too!)
We require an architect that is capable of developing high and low level designs for systems intended for secure/sensitive environments. The ideal candidate will be capable of leading the design of a significant part of the solution and have significant experience in the area of networking. The role will primarily be responsible to a Lead Architect for developing and delivering their assigned element of the solution. Will be required to work in both delivery and proposal environments.
- Experience of the a significant portion of the systems engineering lifecycle (from requirements analysis through to acceptance)
- Understanding of the controlling processes for the systems engineering lifecycle (e.g. requirements management, configuration management)
- Understanding of different lifecycles/methodologies (waterfall, incremental, agile, DevOps)
- Experience of the MoD lifecycle including reviews - System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR)
- Experience in performing design trade off
- Experience working in both delivery and proposal environments
- Experience of designing a network including VLANs, BGP, subnets
- Significant experience in networking elements (firewalls, mail gateways, load balancers)
- Experience in design and implementation software defined networking
- Significant experience with general infrastructure technologies (DNS, NTP, TCP/IP)
- Significant experience with Microsoft Windows domains (Active Directory, Group Policy)
- Experience in designing and delivering systems for secure/sensitive environments
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
Communication and Soft Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and works well in a team environment;
- Capable of developing and communicating a vision to meet the System Requirements;
- A good level of commercial awareness
Leidos are a Microsoft Gold & AWS Premier Consulting Partner, they've won multiple awards in recent years, you can check them out here https://www.leidos.com/company/rankings-and-awards :)
As well as an attractive salary there are a whole bunch of benefits that can be tailored to you, (You'll have to let me know how this measures up to current package) http://benefits.leidos.com/benefitspd
The closing date for this opportunity is actually midnight on Monday 26th November!
First stage interviews will be held w/c 3rd December - this will be an hour phone call with either an Enterprise / Lead Architect or Line Manager from your business area.
Second stage interview will be on site held w/c 10th December! This is most likely to be held at Farnborough HQ - They're flexible on locations so this will be confirmed nearer the time…
Offers will be offered w/c 17th December.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Communications
- R&D investment creating 5G job opportunities
As the race to 5G heats up, telecoms giants are investing huge money in creating a 5G-enabled network. With huge investment,...
- Why demand is growing for 5G-ready telecoms engineers
New research predicts there’ll be 22 million new 5G-related jobs by the year 2035. Find out what particular skills are in hi...