- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Network and Security Manager
You will be making a critical contribution to the on-going success of a thriving Operations Centre.
Your responsibilities will cover the support of our fully managed and telephone support customers as well as our own internal networks and Datacentres. The role is primarily looking after our IPS solutions across Cisco and Check Point however you will be expected to become the lead on our internal and customer-based Cisco Firepower solutions and troubleshoot general issues in relation to customer firewall setups.
What you'll be doing
- Provide 2nd/3rd line technical support for all Cisco network and security customers (internal and external), trouble shooting, diagnosing and resolving incidents to their conclusion, ensuring adherence to agree SLAs and escalating to the vendor where required
- Take the technical lead on any Firepower and IPS related issues for customers (both internal and external) and ensure knowledge share with the wider team
- Design and implement configuration changes on behalf of customers, following the relevant change management process
- Liaise with other Operations Centre engineers and 3rd Party suppliers for issues around networking and security outside of Cisco technologies
- Contribute to the design of new fully managed customer solutions, supporting the Technical Architect team where required
- Assist with the on boarding of new Managed customers (both Greenfield and existing site solutions)
- Provide Service Managers with technical support during customer escalations
Additionally, you'll be required to take part in an on-call roster.
What we need from you
Proven expertise in the set up and troubleshooting of:
- Cisco Firepower
- Cisco ASA
- Checkpoint (R77.30/R80)
With a background working in an Operations Centre / NOC / customer support environment (internal or external) as well as being organised with the ability to prioritise your own workload.
- Cisco ACI
- Cisco Nexus 5K/7K/9K
- Solarwinds or similar network monitoring tools
- F5 (LTM/GTM)
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.