- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Project Manager - Defence
My Romsey based client is looking for a Project Manager for their Defence team. The role is full time and offers competitive remuneration and great benefits.
I am currently hiring for an experienced Project Manager for the Defence unit of my client based in Romsey. The successful individual will be working on projects ranging from £50,000 to £1 million in value. The role will encompass management of both multiple small projects and larger individual projects and managing bids for new work.
You will be a motivated and knowledgeable individual with extensive experience in management of projects ranging from conceptual research through to sub-system development, delivery and support. You will have substantial knowledge of the Defence domain and experience in interfacing with UK MOD and government agencies e.g. DE&S. You will have experience of delivery of projects in the research and development of engineering solutions for communication and sensors, business intelligence or cyber security. You have experience of working in an Agile environment.
What is required for this role?
- Degree level educated in a related subject area (or equivalent work experience) and ideally practical engineering experience although this is not essential
- APMP and/or PRINCE2 qualifications are desirable
- Knowledge and use of Agile methodologies
- Current SC clearance is essential
- The ability to travel nationally and internationally at short notice and at fairly regular intervals
You will typically be located in Romsey with some travel to customer sites and the possibility for you to work on secondment to a customer.
What will the role look like?
- Delivering projects on time, to quality and cost and using industry standard procedure
- Creating effective projects teams
- Developing effective relationships with suppliers, subcontractors, partners and clients
- Work with technical teams in order to produce a project plan in Oracle PRA
- Maintain a risk register
- Document and manage all requirements and make sure these are signed off as appropriate
- Produce reporting as necessary for a variety of different teams
- Manage financial forecasts and review these on a monthly basis
- Manage resource requirements
- Stakeholder management
You will be working on groundbreaking projects across the Defence space with a motivated and innovative team who work in a collaborative environment.
In return for all your hard work you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your experience along with a comprehensive bonus structure and other flexible benefits.
If you are interested in the role please apply to this advert or alternatively forward it on to someone you think may be suitable.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.