- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Infrastructure Engineer - Newcastle - £34,000 - £38,000
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure Engineer to join one of the UK's leading organisations
As a Senior IT Operations Analyst you will be based in our Newcastle offices and will join a newly established team. This is a permanent role working 37.5 hours per week with a varying shift pattern between the hours of Mon - Fri - 06:00 - 22:00, Sat 07:00 - 12:00 (rotational). The shift is rotational and allows for flexibility within the team to ensure the best service is provided to our end users.
You will be responsible for day to day monitoring of Lan/Wan and server infrastructure as well as managing and owning the process of patching to the Lan/Wan and Server Infrastructure in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure that IT Services are being proactively & re-actively monitored
- Server/Lan/Wan patching within the defined patching windows
- Ensure scheduled review of Back-Up logs, taking the necessary steps to address failures
- Escalate and manage incidents to ensure quickest service restoration time
- Manage 3rd party Providers
- Ensure a series of defined proactive daily checks are undertaken with appropriate action taken when required
- Ensuring correct escalation of incidents to the appropriate 3rd party provider or internal resolver group
- Encourage knowledge sharing and participation within the team to ensure the team deliver an excellent customer experience
- Ensure that IT Operations Centre work areas such as build areas are kept tidy
- Effective communicator
- Works well in a team
- Service orientated
- Effectively interacts with people at all levels
- Is aware of cultural differences and adapts own style accordingly
- Pays attention to detail
- Actively identifies problems and presents viable solutions
- Logical and analytical thinking
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience of system and network infrastructures such as LAN and WAN network technologies, server virtualisation, enterprise storage area network (SAN) and backup, enterprise performance and fault monitoring tools.
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues
- Understanding of common IT infrastructure technology and best practice
- Strong understanding of how operate within an ITIL environment
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent with minimal supervision
3 years managing and supporting server infrastructures
- Use and configuration of patching technology and best practice (Including SCCM, WSUS)
- Use and configuration of monitoring technology and best practice
- Working with ITIL methodology
- Experience in IT Service Desk environment with monitoring is a plus
- Involvement with Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies
- IT Service Delivery in a multiple technology domain
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) Coe (at) Networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...