- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Marketing and Communications Officer
Our client is now looking for a Marketing and Communications Officer to join them in Glasgow
- Support internal and external marketing communication strategies and activities for the Europe region, ensuring input is aligned with the business strategy and priorities and within the guidelines of Company policies and procedures
- Actively contribute to the implementation strategies and tactics for communication and promotion of the business..
- Provide local / regional support in the roll-out of communication initiatives. Support sourcing region-specific content.
- Develop materials and support submissions to targeted media and communities to publicise the Company significant work, expertise and thought leadership in the industry.
- Actively promote and maintain the Company Brand within the business. Provide expert branding support and advice to ensure that activities are consistent and within the bounds of the Company's designated style as well as bringing innovative and creative solutions to the business.
- Uphold editorial standards of the company.
- Work with Europe Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and implement marketing and communications plans and specific tactics.
- Support development of activity schedule to promote portfolio externally.
- Support Europe Leadership Team with communications activities by sourcing information, scripting and assisting with blogs, video production updates.
- Prepare and launch internal communications campaign messaging, including writing and editing of good news stories, project highlights, management briefings, briefing toolkits, and content for local face-to-face communications events, etc.
- Provide writing and editing support for region-specific communications for external purposes including: press releases, presentations, award submittals, and other as determined.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Sales, Operations, or joint venture partners, to source information for press releases; Ensure press release pipeline is maintained, and that the media policy is followed. Monitor media coverage generated by the region.
- Provide coordination of, and content management support to the business Intranet area to improve communication, including feature stories and updates, announcements and region content.
- Provide support to coordinate region input to internal social media platform including publishing of materials and management of internal content and discussions.
- Provide advice, editorial and creative input to Corporate Communication Programmes and to our Safety teams for their safety communications and initiatives.
- Support consistency in the Brand positioning and how this integrates with the region goals & objectives. Assist with maintaining alignment with the Brand Style requirements in all communications and related documentation. Be a brand champion
- Confirm and record necessary client approvals and credits.
- Liaison with internal Creative Services team on design and content layout of internal marketing materials including newsletters, notice board posters, etc.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders. Reinforce marketing and communications best practices with local / regional staff.
- Provide administrative support including ad hoc projects as needed by the region and assigned for the Marketing and Communications team including tracking activity and success/impact of communications activity and initiatives and creating reports.
- Provide advice, editorial and creative input to Safety teams on safety campaigns, safety related communications and initiatives.
- Support consistency in the Brand positioning and how this integrates with the region goals
- Proven marketing communications experience essential.
- Articulate and creative writing and editorial skills, with experience in developing and executing key communications initiatives and tactics. Excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Experience in social and new media and content management systems essential.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the architecture, engineering or construction industry would be advantageous.
- Solid planning / organisational skills, with ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous deadlines. Ability to track / coordinate multiple writing-revisions cycles.
- Some knowledge of print/media production, working with the media and / or event planning is useful.
- Excellent intra-team and inter-team oral communications / listening skills / people skills - to interact with employees at all levels in the business.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse geographies across the business to build good working relationships.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations/Journalism, or a related field. A similar working level capability and proficiency, obtained through relevant job experience, may be accepted in lieu of formal degree education.
- Strong computer skills in programs such as PowerPoint, InDesign, web authoring software.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Communications
- R&D investment creating 5G job opportunities
As the race to 5G heats up, telecoms giants are investing huge money in creating a 5G-enabled network. With huge investment,...
- Why demand is growing for 5G-ready telecoms engineers
New research predicts there’ll be 22 million new 5G-related jobs by the year 2035. Find out what particular skills are in hi...