- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for managing the high availability networks infrastructure and associated operational services in line with the agreed Service Level Targets. Working the other IT teams, such as Server Infrastructure, Application Management, Security, the Service Desk, Strategy & Architecture and the project delivery teams to ensure close alignment and engagement in implementing major developments and enhancements within the existing IT infrastructure.
- Responsible for Network 2nd & 3rd line support for all Network related issues;
- Provides technical leadership for the resolution of services issues aligned to their technical capability;
- Takes responsibility for the ownership of the service advancement of their technical capability;
- Leads the engagement with the Strategy and Architecture team to understand technical direction and ensure strategic and operational alignment around support, maintenance & lifecycle management;
- Set up and own relevant IT policy and standards in line with appropriate best practice;
- Keep up-to date with the latest relevant technology, relevant standards, policies and directives;
- Liaise with internal governance and the relevant external authorities in order to ensure that we are moving towards an approved compliant infrastructure;
- Produce and maintain operations manuals/run books for the associated services for this team in line with corporate standards;
- Identifies and acts upon opportunities for continuous improvement to reduce operational risks, optimise efficiency and improve standards.
- That product road maps and any associated remediation plans are in place to address operational risks.
- Cisco CCNP certified (preferred)
- Experience designing, deploying and supporting enterprise CISCO networking infrastructure including the following: Switching, Routing, DNS, DHCP, Firewalls, Wireless, Wifi, UCS, VOIP, Network Monitoring, Call Manager, ASA/PIX,MPLS, WAN Optimisation, CoS, DWDM
- Solarwinds fundamentals
- Experience of dealing with major Global Comms suppliers
- Cloud Platform experience
- Network Security and GDPR experience.
- Troubleshooting, Diagnostics & Event Log/Management
- Experience of working in a Transitional multi supplier environment within a large-scale organisation
- Experience of contributing to technical solution design and development leveraging existing tool suites and propose best of breed solutions.
- Experience in ensuring that infrastructure conforms to architectural principles (e.g. supportability, future-proofing, consolidation, standards and strategy.
- Demonstrable experience successfully challenging vendors on solution designs resulting in an improved product.
- Stakeholder management with experience of working effectively with all levels throughout the organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, flexible and a proactive team player.
- Technical expertise within a service and technical environment with a demanding, fast-paced environment
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.