- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Network and Telecommunications Manager
Network and Telecoms Manager required for NHS organisation based near Newport, South Wales. Salary range between 40k - 47k
The opportunity has arisen for a Network and Telecommunications Manager within a large and complex ICT service that underpins the delivery of digital health care. ICT supports around 14,000 users and over 200 services across more than 120 sites.
You will be part of the Technical Services team and ICT management team, providing line management and leader ship to the Network, Telecommunications and Cyber Security teams. You will be expected to undertake personal development reviews and appraisals in line with health board policy, manage staff performance and wellbeing as well as provide staff with regular 121s for team leaders.
You will schedule the work for the your teams and ensure that service standards and business objectives are met by developing business and service improvement plans for Networking, Telecommunications and Cyber Security teams. You will lead on Networking, Telecommunications and Cyber Security in ICT and contribute to the Technical Services Strategy.
You will need to manage, implement and maintain standardised ways of working by applying the principles of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework to the team. You will be accountable for the overall performance monitoring, evaluation, and review of Cyber Security, Network and Telecommunications, and required to produce monthly reports of activity including threat analysis and a selection of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Critical Success Factors (CSF).
* Development self and team members to ensure that skills sets meet the needs of the organisation and organisational objectives.
* Develop policy and procedures for networking , telecommunications Cyber Security policy
* Plans and organises work at service level for the Network, Telecommunications and Cyber Security teams
* Leads plans for long term strategic activities for teams and services which will have impact across the whole health board.
* Delivery of the technology refresh programmes and ensuring that equipment is maintained and up to date.
* Contributes towards Technical Services Strategy affecting whole organisation.
* Works as part of a problem management team to determine root cause analysis
For this role you need to have an excellent understanding of Networking, Telecommunication and Cyber Security best practices and terminology and technical experience of the following: LAN, WLAN, WAN, DHCP, DNS, IP, VOIP, SDN, RADIUS, Firewalls. You need to have previously working in a supervisory or management role within Networking or Telecommunications within an ITIL environment.
Salary range on offer is between £40k - £47k + benefits and pension
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...