- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
IT Applications Support Engineer
IT Applications Support Engineer
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Applications Support Engineer to join one of the UK's leading organisations.
- Works closely with service desk team to resolve incidents within Service Level Agreements.
- Proactively identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution
- Contributes to the planning of maintenance and installation work and implements planned updates
- Provides 2nd and 3rd line application support resolving all incidents and requests in line with Service Level Agreements and under taking problem managing working closely with Service Management and Infrastructure Support
- Ensures all applications adhere to security policies and appropriate escalation processes are in place for all applications
- Documents all applications and integration components for support purposes in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures and adheres to any applicable configuration management procedures
- Identifies key issues and risk elements and escalates promptly
- Works with internal and external supplier relationships to ensure new fixes and maintenance releases are delivered in a timely fashion
- Introduces, promotes and encourages enterprise and innovation throughout the team, in looking for new answers and delivery of a fresh approach
Qualifications and experience required:
- Applications running with an Oracle RDBMS and/or an SQL server database
- Working knowledge of SQL / SQLPlus
- Understanding the architecture of client-server built applications.
- Development of Unix Shell Scripts and using UNIX commands.
- Database and Microsoft Windows task scheduling
- Ability to develop practical solutions to user and system requirements.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks and work schedules.
- Positive customer service skills and friendly, flexible manner.
- Ability to advise, guide and communicate technical issues to non-technical staff.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Graduate level or equivalent with experience of the application of relevant tools in a multidisciplinary ICT organisation.
- Completed Higher Education in ICT related area.
- Knowledge of Public sector
- Evidence of a successful track record in a support and development role.
- Evidence of involvement and positive contribution to ICT projects.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...