- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
IT Systems Administrator
Senior IT Systems Administrator - Bognor Regis -£40,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior IT Systems Administrator to join a leading global organisation based in Bognor Regis. As a Snr Technician you will be an integral member of the team and will provide quality IT support and project delivery support to the businesses end users.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- This position is responsible for support and maintenance of servers, networks and all IT infrastructure hardware and software reporting directly to the IT Manager
- Undertaking IT projects as instructed by the IT Manager
- Providing assistance, support and guidance to colleagues in the IT team
- Follow standard ITSM processes of Asset Management, Change Management, Incident Management, Request Management, Problem Management and Project Management
- Participate as part of a team related to trouble-shooting and resolution of larger IT System issues. May also participate in efforts related to Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management.
- Identify opportunities for process and technology improvement
- To support and monitor existing infrastructure; perform preventative maintenance work; backup and perform other regular support activities to ensure effectiveness and to provide cover on such tasks when required.
- Respond to 1st and 2nd Line Help Desk calls and planned work requests. To manage such items through to resolution.
- To maintain appropriate records of time spent, actions taken and item status to facilitate management, future problem resolution and to keep users informed of progress.
- To keep users up to date with progress and to liaise with colleagues and partners in an appropriate manner. To liaise with users regarding escalated issues and to agree appropriate courses of action and priorities.
- To liaise with external suppliers and support agencies for the ongoing support and maintenance of relevant hardware and software.
- To ensure that all work and changes are performed in such a way as to minimise all disruption to existing business use.
- To assist in keeping track of IT assets and ensure that the infrastructure and data is kept secure at all times.
- To ensure that technology is used, managed and supported in accordance with standards, policies and procedures.
- Effectively co-ordinate work or assistance provided by 3rd parties
- Administering network security and installing and implementing security programs
- Network monitoring/improvements - on premises and cloud deployment.
- Maintaining existing software and hardware and upgrading any that have become obsolete
- Deploy, monitor, and maintain the company's physical and cloud infrastructure.
- Maintaining system documentation
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 year experience working in a network / infrastructure support role
- Proven and demonstrable experience in implementing and supporting IT infrastructure including servers, networks, and security
- General commercial and operational awareness of impact of business / user requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, business management and customer-service skills
- Excellent customer service skills, always striving to exceed expectations and to improve services to meet customer and business needs
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical terminology to people with limited or no technical understanding
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of planning and prioritising workload
- Proactive and solutions driven
- Microsoft certifications and Cisco certifications desirable but not essential
Desired Skills & Experience:
Extensive knowledge and proficient in the use of:VMware server virtualisation
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- NetApp Storage
- Cisco Networking (Switches & Firewalls)
- HP, Desktop PC's and laptops
- Microsoft Windows desktop OS
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Microsoft RDS
- Anti-Virus Technologies
Knowledge and exposure in the use of the following would be advantageous:
- Barracuda Load Balancers
- Crystal Reports
- Palo Alto Security Appliances
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Sage applications
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Cisco Meraki
- Mitel IP Telephony
- ERP Systems
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) coe (at) networkers (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...