- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Information Assurance Practitioner
A well-known Defence contractor requires an Information Assurance Practitioner based in Barrow in Furness on a 12 months contract basis.
The rates for this role will be £80 p/h Ltd/Umbrella OR £62.45 p/h PAYE.
This role will require you to hold or be eligible to obtain Security Clearance (SC). You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
The successful candidate for Information Assurance Practitioner will provide IA guidance, advice and policy as an integrated member of a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
* Accept ownership of, and responsibility for, all aspects of IA within a specified area of responsibility
* Provide IA guidance and support to design activities through the provision of general consultancy to the Engineering and Supply Chain disciplines.
* Provide IA guidance and support to Suppliers through the provision of general consultancy as required.
* Present at reviews, working groups and other meetings in support of IA work.
* Review IA deliverables from suppliers and provide constructive feedback.
* Conduct HMG-approved Risk Calculations and establish relevant, pragmatic and cost-effective mitigation actions.
* Produce IA documentation, to include full Risk Management and Accreditation Document Sets (RMADS) as necessary.
* Produce regular progress reports.
* Remain current on relevant HMG and CESG security policy and guidance
Skills and Attributes
* Certified Professional (CPP) Practitioner level or higher preferred
* A sound knowledge of HMG policies, to include: JSP440, SPF, CESG IA Portfolio
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* The ability to write accurately, concisely and logically
* The ability to influence others in a challenging environment
* Recent experience in the conduct of Product IA work against a JSP440 and SPF requirement.
* Recent experience of the production of RMADS against a JSP440 requirement.
* Recent experience of the production of IS1 calculations and the corresponding mitigations.
* Direct responsibility for the accreditation of at least one HMG project in the last five years.
* Five years' experience of Information Assurance work in the Government Sector (Defence, Police, Home Office, Health); Preference will be given to work in the Defence Sector
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...