- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Are you an experienced data modeller looking for a step up in your career, or a hands on data architect looking for your next challenge?
A major utilities company are seeking a skilled data architect to help shape an innovative IT transformation. This is an opportunity to join a household name brand amidst one of the largest projects of its kind ever undertaken on the South Coast, which will propel the business into becoming industry leaders as they cultivate a fresh approach to IT.
The perfect candidate will be an experienced data modeller who has previously worked at enterprise level and who is able to integrate new technologies within a business. A key focus of the role is around information & data quality, and so prepossessed knowledge of enterprise data standards, transformation rules and related consistency specifications is strongly preferred. An understanding of emerging regulatory issues such as consumer privacy laws, data retention policies, outsourced data and specific industry guidelines, namely in healthcare, insurance and banking, is also highly desirable.
- Data Modelling - Conceptual, Logical & Physical - Enterprise level
- Minimum of two years' experience in the design and implementation of information systems, solutions & architectures
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks (such as Zachman and FEAF)
- TOGAF Certified
- Understanding of differences between relational modelling and object modelling
- Understanding of taxonomies and ontologies, as well as the challenges of applying structured techniques (data modelling) to less structured sources.
- Understanding of metamodels.
If you are a seasoned data architect and want to get stuck into a deeply challenging role and make your mark on a major transformation project, then this is the role for you. Equally, if you are a talented data modeller and are looking for a role where you can be mentored and develop within an architectural capacity, this is an excellent opportunity.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary, company and performance-related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 9% company contribution
- Life assurance payment equal to twice your annual salary
- Private healthcare
- The opportunity to work on a substantial, organisation wide IT transformation
If you like the sound of this role and think you have what it takes, please apply through the vacancy or contact me on Millie.Dorrington@networkerstechnology.com / 01489 898868 for more information. If you don't hear back from me within 5 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- How to attract the best developers to your permanent jobs
With businesses looking to reduce their reliance on a contract workforce, Rupert Ronca looks at how businesses can attract d...