- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Senior Solutions Architect
Senior Solutions Architect required for development and ongoing maintenance / support of architectural solutions in infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas
As part of an ongoing IT transformation exercise SWS requires a Senior Solution Architect, who will be responsible for:
* Development and ongoing maintenance / support of architectural solutions in infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas
Proactively identify issues and corrective actions necessary to sustain the environment
This role defines best practices in the evaluation and selection of software components and related hardware/infrastructure requirements of the applications and its data, and the development of the application, including evaluation and selection of development methods, support processes, best practices and tools. The senior solution architect is responsible for application non-functional aspects for example usability, accessibility, quality, security, performance, availability, scalability, and integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide architectural oversight and support for the application and infrastructure environment
* Architecture of Solutions:
o To meet and maintain required Non-Functional Requirements and future needs
o Using Component-Based Architectures and also Application Packages
o Designing New Components as required
o Designing Functional Architectures for Service Quality
o Developing Functional Characteristics
o Leading technical teams as appropriate in application development/support activities
o Maintaining Functional and Non-Functional Requirements
o Performing application package selection as required
o Architecting new IT Solutions as required
o Designing and maintaining the application solution delivery and infrastructure environment
o Liaising with 3rd party product providers to understand future enhancements, product roadmaps, new developments and communicate as required to business, user and IT Stakeholders
o Reviewing proposals to enhance or modify the configuration or functionality of firewalls, servers, applications, databases and other critical elements of the infrastructure
o Maintaining documentation
* Documenting solution architecture
* Assist in second line support problem determination and resolution of solution issues
* Assist in designing, developing and implementing hardware and infrastructure enhancements to agreed standards utilizing standard processes and procedures.
* Assist in generating the required documentation in order to deliver hardware/software change control
* Assist in deploying applications to internal and external customer facing environments.
* Supporting internal development and production teams
* Reviewing and recommending changes to Windows and the virtual server performance.
* Supporting the Service/Project Manager and Support Teams to resolve incidents
* Assisting in on-site user problem determination as required
* Coaching the application support and infrastructure support teams
* Analysing and recommending service quality improvement activities
* Assist in other solutioning activities as required by the Technical Design Authority function Essential knowledge/Experience
* BA/BSc or appropriate degree.
* Significant, in-depth relevant technical experience managing, developing and upgrading applications in a previous company
* Significant, in-depth application/solution design as a solution architect in a previous company
* Strong technical aptitude.
* Experience with Business Process Analysis
* Strong communication skills, self-starter and ability to work independently as required yet function well within a team.
* Experience of end-to-end application solution architecture/design methods and patterns
* Experience in product evaluation, gap-fit analysis, design, delivery and support
* Experience in Windows, virtualised hardware and VM (e.g. Citrix) environments
* Experience in Active Directory and a range of application development languages
* Experience in application integration using services-oriented and/or middleware approaches
* Experience in database technologies (e.g. Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
* Experience with working with external 3rd party product providers
* Experience in deployment of applications into hosted / data centre environments and associated configuration of application and infrastructure
* Experience of IT support processes and ongoing application/infrastructure non-functional planning
* Strong customer service ethos, recognising the importance of customer needs and business value at stake in delivering services, thereby enhancing the perception of the organisation
* Exposure or experience with TOGAF, UML, MDA, ZF or associated method
* Experience in ITIL
* Experience in configuration management, service catalogues
* Regulatory experience and ideally working with GIS, EAM, ERP, Telemetry, Digital, Middleware, operational systems, and other application solution areas.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.