- Deputising for the Head of Information Security & Risk when required as well as assisting in the full delivery of the Information Governance training programme and relevant awareness programmes.
- Supporting the IT Department in delivering the Information security standards for National Critical systems and other associated IT Projects in a professional and timely manner.
- Auditing the IG/Security compliance, implement policies and procedures and performing day to day maintenance of all IG/security systems and other IT systems associated with the role.
- Assisting in raising the profile of the IG department and its activities promoting an understanding and awareness of issues relating to IG and security.
- Responsibility for ensuring that our organisation is aware of the legal requirements placed upon them for information governance and data management (in conjunction with our DPO and Data Teams)
- Taking a lead role in ensuring good practice on information assurance is embedded in our organisation and establish and maintain checks to verify that the relevant organisational policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Maintaining appropriate working relationships with external bodies, regulatory authorities, agencies and organisations necessary for the delivery of an effective information governance service.
- Formulating, reviewing, updating and promoting the policy framework (including the corporate Information Governance Strategy) in the organisation.
- Coordinating the implementation of each department's Information Governance Strategy, including devising a detailed programme of work with clearly defined responsibilities and timescales. Supporting the delivery of each work programme, completing individual tasks and assignments as required.
- Responsibility for the correct interpretation and application of legislation in respect of data management and information governance. Contributing to the development of relevant organisational policies and procedures as required by such legislation and assisting in the maintenance and communication of these policies to all relevant staff in the organisation.
- Assisting our DPO with the co-ordination of business responses to requests for information under both Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation.
- Contributing to the preparation of, monitoring and achievement of performance targets as set out in the business plan.
- Reviewing contracts, outsourcing and joint partnership arrangements to ensure that ownership of information is appropriately agreed, information sharing standards are set out and that this information is managed effectively.
- Representing on appropriate national and regional working/user groups as required.
- Work closely with colleagues with responsibility for records management to ensure that document retention and disposal policies comply with relevant legislation and best practice.
- Responsibility or the regular audit of information records, personal data and associated control systems, and to report non-compliance with information governance legislation and related organisational policies. To make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintaining and updating own knowledge of developments in NIS, Data Protection, Freedom of Information and other information legislative and management issues.