- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
IT Project Manager
We are looking for an experienced IT Project Manager to work for our client located in Redhill.
You will lead the delivery of small to medium/large scope IT project initiatives of moderate complexity that involve obtaining agreement/adoption of project objectives and deliverables by key sponsors.
You will ensure that a comprehensive project plan is developed and maintained to track deliverables and progress towards completion on time and within budget.
You will utilise company/industry project management methodologies and tools throughout project lifecycle. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that projects meet quality, schedule, milestone, and budget commitments.
- Collaborates within the Customer Services PMO to develop and implement Project Management Methodology, Process, Tools and Mentoring to the organization.
- Ensures that the goals and objectives of the project are understood and agreed with the project sponsor.
- Manages project expectations, scope, risk and changes.
- Provides leadership surrounding issue identification and resolution. Acts as point of contact for escalation of project issues and resolves project conflict.
- Provides technical coordination and leadership for staff.
- Works directly with Architects and Business Analysts to manage the technical aspects of a development project.
- Coach and lead cross-functional project teams made up of internal and vendor IT resources.
- Accountable for project metrics and the actions of the project team.
- Leads through required project documentation such as the project charter, funding requests, status report, project plan, and closure documentation.
- Continually assesses project resource requirements and reassigns based on revised project schedules.
- Prepares and distributes weekly and monthly reporting, tracking team and project metrics.
- Provides thought leadership to projects and employees.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Uses formal project methodology to meet quality, schedule, scope and budget commitments.
- Leverages formal change management processes to manage changes to scope, cost, schedule and to ensure alignment in expectations.
- Tracks and drives resolution on open questions, issues and risks as well as develop risk mitigation plans.
- Creates detailed project schedules and work plans to ensure all required project deliverables are tracked with dependencies and resource assignments clearly identified.
- Tracks progress of deliverables to completion and ensure project resources are managed to task plans.
- Accountable for continuous monitoring of project health and adjusting resource allocations and task plans to ensure the success of the project and its team members.
- Resource management of project team including prioritizing tasks and deadlines appropriately.
- Builds a positive, collaborative working environment that instils respect, trust, quality and success as its core goals.
- Raises risks and issues to leadership on a timely basis and work with appropriate parties to create mitigation plans.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Degree in Business Administration, IT, related discipline or equivalent.
- Considerable experience in managing IT projects specifically IT infrastructure projects such as technology refresh and new system introduction.
- Solid technical understanding of IT infrastructure, hardware, networks, phone systems and security. PMP certification highly desired.
- ITIL v3 certification highly desirable and ITSM toolset experience such as ServiceNOW.
- Must have advanced understanding and experience using common project management scheduling tools.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects with proven experience in successfully managing and implementing multiple initiatives on behalf of business partners.
- Able to lead, influence, communicate and interact with people at all levels across the company as well as external partners.
- Able to understand and communicate complex technical systems and concepts.
- Proven effectiveness managing project resources and prioritizing task conflicts.
- Must have meeting facilitation skills and leadership experience.
If this sounds like a good opportunity, we want to hear from you!
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.