- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Cyber Defence Consultant
This is a research-led cyber security consultancy working with clients around the world.
Our Cyber Defence consultants help clients defend against current and future cyber threats. We work across a range of areas including strategy, security assessment, attack detection and secure development.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver Cyber Defence services to Our clients. A successful candidate will be required to understand the motivations and methods adopted by a wide range of threat actors and develop a detailed understanding of how exploitation of systems occurs. The candidate must also have technical knowledge of enterprise IT platforms, ideally gained by performing attacks or in responding to them in a hands-on capacity through penetration testing, security monitoring or incident response. Equally, we would welcome applications from candidates with experience in software engineering or network architecture, interested in applying their skills and expertise to security challenges.
We encourage all our consultants to undertake personal research projects. Our consultants frequently publish advisories, white papers and present at the leading security conferences. The most successful consultants have the ability to challenge previous assumptions and identify innovative methods for solving a problem.
What we need…
- Ability to deliver hands-on consultancy for Our clients, including technical activities, report writing and presentation
- Ability to maintain target utilisation on client chargeable projects
- Can produce research to a publishable standard
- Support our company in innovation and growth
- Produce scopes, bid content and pre-sales support to help win work.
Who we think will be a great fit…
Passionate about information security, defensive security in particular
- Innovative mind-set and the ability to challenge existing approaches to information security
- Excellent at communicating to both technical and senior-management audiences
- Advanced understanding of tools, techniques and procedures that modern attackers use to compromise organisations, ideally from direct experience.
- Technical knowledge in one or more of the following specialisms:
- Computer programming and scripting
- Software engineering
- Popular corporate operating systems (Windows, Unix)..
- CREST Registered Tester (CRT) or Certified Tester (CCT) (Infrastructure or Web Application)
- CCNA, MCSA, MCSE or other certifications demonstrating core technical skills
- Other security industry specific technical accreditations such as OSCP, OSCE, GIAC, CISSP.
Who we are...
Established in 2003, Our company is a research-led cyber security consultancy working with clients around the world. We provide specialist advice and solutions on all areas of security, from professional to managed services through to commercial and open source security tools. Our focus is working with clients to develop and deliver security programmes, tailored to meet the needs of each individual organisation.
In a rapidly changing technology landscape, innovation is essential and our ambition to push boundaries sets us apart. We are not satisfied with the first answer, we break things, reverse and research them until we have an understanding that is of real value. Central to this philosophy is the desire to deliver high quality cyber security consulting services and unsurpassed levels of support to our clients.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Top 5 highest paying jobs in Cyber Security
What are the top paying jobs in the cyber security profession? Shaun Turner, Senior Cyber and Infosec Recruitment Consultant...
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Cyber Security
- How hackers can avoid a life of cybercrime
For young, talented hackers it can be easy to fall into a life of cybercrime. We explore how they can avoid this and what ex...
- Why the NHS needs to invest in cyber security skills one year on from WannaCry
As the NHS looks to invest in cyber security one year on from the WannaCry ransomware, Ryan Baker looks at the skills it nee...