- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Software Service Support Engineer
A Software Service Support Engineer is required for 6 months (likely to be extended) based in Farnborough
The Software Service Support Engineer role is to support two Projects with in the Software Services team; 2.5 days a week on Windows 10 Migration Project and 2.5 days a week on End to End SSL Certificate support.
The Windows 10 migration work involves supporting the current Windows 10 team in the Application Space, ensuring users are ready to migrate to Windows 10 based on their application usage and the application readiness.
The End to End SSL Certificate support role is a new governance process to ensure that there are no outages from expired certificates. The process has been defined but not fully managed. This role requires attention to detail; understanding of the process; ability to get other people to complete actions from the end to end process with specific time periods; support these staff if and when required; and report back to the service owner.
* Setup meetings with Business Groups, take notes and detailed minute the meeting
* Ensure follow up actions that have been taken
* Detail archived and cancelled applications, confirming with BGs
* Use the Software Asset Management Systems to aid Business Groups in making decisions
* Aid the tracking of Applications in Windows 7 and their replacement in Windows 10
* Keep detailed records of application blockers and their remediation details
* Aid the documentation of processes used for application remediation
* Support the Software Service actions when reporting to management
* Ensure that information is provided to the Windows 10 project in a timely manner
End to End Certificate Support
* Track SSL Certificates - expiry dates, internal/external, owner etc.
* Talk to Stakeholders of the SSL Certificate process and get them to undertake the necessary tasks
* Ensure that the process of end to end certificate lifecycle is fully documented and kept up to date
* Responsible for ensuring that no certificate expires and causes a period of outage
* Various reporting and manipulation of data for consumption by internal customers, including management and security
* Self-motivate and work with minimal supervision
* A ruthless attitude to getting other people to complete necessary work
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to work with and influence people
* Able to get other stakeholders to undertake their required tasks in a timely manner
* Strong commitment to provide a quality customer service
* Strong relationship building capabilities
* Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language
* Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Ability to challenge existing thinking to optimise current processes
* Confident making decisions and managing conflicting demands under pressurised conditions
This role is to start asap and will pay £25.12 per hour LTD/Umbrella or £19.27 PAYE p/h
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.