- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
IT Service Management Support Officer
An IT Service Management Support Officer is required for 12 months (likely to be extended) based near Birmingham
The person will have been working in a IT Service Management role creating, using and updating the following types of files and systems:
Risks & Issues Registers (knowledge of managing risk and risk registers required)
Service Catalogues (knowledge of creating, updating and maintaining a service catalogue)
Systems Register (knowledge of creating, updating and maintaining a System Register)
ICT Delivery Plan - updating and maintain an electronic file of ICT "jobs" which need to be completed
The ideal candidate will be good at extracting and analysing data from a myriad of systems and will also be updating ICTs web site - so some form of "content editing" would be a bonus. You will also be producing guidance notes and documentation for end users and facilitating the weekly change advisory board - which means youmust be able to plan and control meetings
Main purpose of the job role:
* To ensure IT Service Management Support Systems are fit for purpose
* To provide advice and guidance to ICT members and other IT users on the use of and application of the IT Service Management Support Systems
* To make changes/adaptations to IT Service Management Support systems as and when required
* Be responsible for the Change Management Approval Process
* Ensure that systems, electronic files and documents which support IT Service Management and processes are updated and maintained effectively for example the Systems Register, Audit Actions, Risks and Issues log, Service Catalogue, ICT Work/Delivery Plan
* To analyse data and provide reporting information which will form a basis for service changes
* To ensure the ICT Intranet presence is maintained and up-to-date, including the production of training notes and guides
Substantial experience of ITIL Change Management Approval Processes
Substantial experience of using and adapting ITIL Service Management Systems and tools
Good and broad experience of ITIL Processes
ITIL Foundation Certificate (or equivalent)
GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Maths
Qualified by demonstrable experience of working within an IT Service Management role
This role is to start asap and will pay £15 - £18 per hour PAYE or £20 - £25 per hour Umbrella (inside the scope of IR35)
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...