- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Our client is seeking a Business Analyst to support one of their key clients. Working in the Justice and Law Enforcement industry segment,
Our client is seeking a Business Analyst to support one of their key clients. Working in the Justice and Law Enforcement industry segment, this client relies on the business, as a trusted partner, to develop, deliver and maintain a secure, mission-critical application. The application is used by up to 4000 users working for public sector agencies around the United Kingdom. The role will have high exposure, being based on client site and working directly with their Business Change and Testing teams.
The groups Business Analysts work closely with the account teams, liaising with clients to understand their business and technology drivers, create the required business models and present our offerings and business architecture as well as seeking feedback from users through the use of proof of concepts, prototypes and trials of proposed solutions.
Role and Objectives
- Liaise with the Business Users to identify future requirements
- Capture Business User Requirements and translate these into design documentation that can be used as a baseline for Change Requests and new projects
- Prioritise requirements based on Business User feedback
- Analyse and convert the user requirements into functional requirements using appropriate models and techniques
- Where appropriate, recommend alternate options without functional changes
- Advise and assist the client regarding IT capabilities and see how to utilize functionality within the application
- Perform initial impact analysis
- Group requirements into logical work-packages
- Document Change Requests and present to the Solution Team for analysis
- Understand governance around changes to existing products
- Liaise with the Solution Team and finalise the design of these change requests
- Perform Business Impact Analysis for change requests and fault fixing releases
- Organise and attend user workshops
- Support testing activities
- Must be able to analyse requirements using either user stories or use cases
- SQL skills desirable
- UI design experience desirable
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- SDLC experience
- 4+ years IT experience
- 3+ years experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience supporting software development projects through the lifecycle is essential
- A background working in the Public Sector is preferred
- Experienced in using Unified Modelling Language (UML)
Please note, the successful applicant must be eligible to undertake SC Clearence
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
- Women in Project Management: Making the most of the workforce
Baiba Ziga, Project Management Recruitment Consultant, Networkers, reports back on some of the key take aways from the APM N...
Top in Project Management and Business Change
- 7 ways to progress your IT project management career
Looking to take the next step in your project management career? Project management recruitment specialist Sarah Flageole sh...
- 5 industries hiring business change managers in 2018
Baiba Ziga reveals the industries seeking Business Change Managers in 2018.