- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Our client is now looking for a Java Developer to join them onsite in Glasgow
As an experienced Java Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- 8+ years' experience in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goal
- Proven design, coding, testing and debugging skills and experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Application development experience in Core Java 8
- Experience in building out enterprise level application
- Hands-on development experience on the following:
- Core Java 8
- Experience with web application and standalone Java applications
- Exposing and consuming JSON based RESTful services using Spring
- Experience with Scala a big plus
- Experience working as part of Finance/Regulatory reporting team a big plus
- Follower of unit testing using Spring and H2 DB
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Experience in end to end release of highly reliable applications including design, development and testing
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Software Engineering (or related fields)
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- How to attract the best developers to your permanent jobs
With businesses looking to reduce their reliance on a contract workforce, Rupert Ronca looks at how businesses can attract d...
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.