- About us
- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
IT Field Engineer
IT Field Support Engineer required for a 3 month contract (possibility of extending) based in Durham.
Working inside of IR35 for a Public Sector organisation, you will be part of a team delivering technical support on site to customers across a wide geographical area.
* To be responsible for the co-ordination and installation of new desktop and peripheral equipment, supporting location moves and newly commissioned buildings, liaising with Technical Project Leads as appropriate.
* To liaise with the service desk to ensure effective identification, prioritisation and assignment of incidents and requests through to resolution/closure.
* To provide basic-level user based training following installation of desktop and peripheral equipment (raising user awareness of additional support materials and knowledge bases).
* To act as a specialist in IT Hardware such as; Desktop PC's, Laptops, Printers, Scanners, UPS's and other peripherals.
* To maintain and support a number of systems and solutions systems currently in use including but not limited to:
o All operating systems
o Anti-virus products
o Remote access
o Internet tools & technologies
o Microsoft & other applications
* Active Directory use and maintenance including OU structure, group policy and the assignment of rights and access.
For this position you need to have previous experience of working in an IT Support / Field Engineer / Desktop Support / 2nd line Support role within an MS environment. You MUST be able to drive and have your own transport (expenses paid).
This role is to start ASAP and will pay £14 + HP PAYE or £17.40 Umbrella / deemed ltd per hour.
2nd Line Support experience
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
How can you boost your .NET developer salary? Find out in our article.