- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
IT Project Manager
This role will suit a commercially minded Project Manager with experience gained within Retail or FMCG sector. You will have a proven experience with managing IT projects end to end and keen to work for a well known, branded business.
The Project Manager job role will provide project management for a portfolio of IT projects within the Retail technology domain. This is an all-encompassing job taking a leadership role throughout the entire project lifecycle ensuring sound communication to all stakeholders and that objectives are met with benefits are realised.
Projects will vary in size, scale and complexity therefore you must be able to demonstrate proven IT project management experience, ideally supported by formal qualification (Prince2, MSP, Agile Project Management). You will be accountable for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and delivery of projects, ensuring sound and effective communication to stakeholders throughout.
This job role represents a fantastic opportunity to join an instantly recognisable business that will offer both challenge and career development.
- Produce and communicate clear and accurate progress reports for all projects in line with IT Governance & Reporting Calendar.
- Monitor project costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Monitor and control project work. Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other Project Managers, Technical Architects, Test Managers and Developers in the definition and breakdown of releases, ensuring fully understood by all.
- Communication of release plans ensuring all parties are aligned and in agreement.
- Ensure that projects are prioritised
- Ensure the project plan is communicated and understood by relevant stakeholder, project team and other involved parties.
- Be accountable for managing the quality of delivery.
- Demonstrable experience of IT Project Management role - managing delivery through all stages of the lifecycle (Inception, Discovery, Delivery, Transition and Closure- as well as associated methods and tools).
- Delivery experience using AGILE and ability to integrate AGILE delivery within a standard project framework
- Demonstrable track record with detailed experience in medium scale IT projects.
- In-depth knowledge of full systems lifecycle.
- Risk/Issue Management, Strong Governance - Quality, Budget, Timescales, Planning and Control skills, using recognised Project management tools e.g. Microsoft Project
- Excellent Stakeholder Management & Communication skills - able to demonstrate credibility with senior management and good conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in the management of suppliers including both the commercial and contractual relationships.
- Understanding technology roadmaps, trends and releases.
- POS deployment & upgrades knowledge would be ideal as is a working knowledge of general retail store processes/ functions, retail technologies, web /mobile solutions.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
- Women in Project Management: Making the most of the workforce
Baiba Ziga, Project Management Recruitment Consultant, Networkers, reports back on some of the key take aways from the APM N...
Top in Project Management and Business Change
- 7 ways to progress your IT project management career
Looking to take the next step in your project management career? Project management recruitment specialist Sarah Flageole sh...
- 5 industries hiring business change managers in 2018
Baiba Ziga reveals the industries seeking Business Change Managers in 2018.