- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Our client is now looking for a Data Modeller to join them onsite in Glasgow
The role requires extensive experience in the design and build of relational and dimensional (large scale datawarehouse) database implementation patterns, a pragmatic approach to Fortress architecture using a recognized UML 2.0 modelling application, extensive experience of Entity Relational diagramming, plus the ability to implement a datawarehouse migration project in an agile manner.
- Gathering requirements from BAs, tech staff and management, then author supporting documentation
- Interact with business sponsors to plan scope and timescales for projects
- Work with ETL developers to understand \ model the As Is position
- Work with EA Architects and other IAs to model the To Be position in accordance with Reference Architecture patterns, policies & standards and industry best practice
- Raise work items (Jiras) for implementation by ETL developers
- Pragmatic approach to Data Modelling \ Architecture for DWH refactor projects
- Fortress Architecture / UML 2.0 modelling
- Understand different datawarehouse design methodologies and their benefits
- Proficient in SQL and relational databases such as Oracle
- Experience of implementing Governance & Controls programmes
- Agile methodologies - Jira, Kanban, Scrum
- Proven ability to work well in a fast paced and challenging technical environment, with ability to multitask whilst delivering high quality solutions
- Ability to quickly understand issues and think through solutions
- Highly motivated with an ability to work independently
- Ability to perform data analysis and troubleshoot data integrity issues
- Able to communicate effectively with team members and senior stakeholders
Any of the following skills will be advantageous:
- Data Vault
- Big Data \ NoSQL tools - HDFS, Hive, Spark, Impala, HBase, MongoDB
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Top 5 highest paying jobs in Cyber Security
What are the top paying jobs in the cyber security profession? Shaun Turner, Senior Cyber and Infosec Recruitment Consultant...
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Cyber Security
- How hackers can avoid a life of cybercrime
For young, talented hackers it can be easy to fall into a life of cybercrime. We explore how they can avoid this and what ex...
- Why the NHS needs to invest in cyber security skills one year on from WannaCry
As the NHS looks to invest in cyber security one year on from the WannaCry ransomware, Ryan Baker looks at the skills it nee...