- About us
- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Software Support Team Leader
Our client is now looking for an Applications Support Engineer to join them in Petersfield.
Our client is now looking for an Software Support Team Leader to join them in Petersfield. The organisation has a mixture of in house and 3rd party applications and the support team's core purpose is the control, support and configuration of these business systems ensuring that the organisation has the appropriate access and support to tools to effectively run the business. The team is also responsible for DevOps for the in house and externally produced software within the estate. The application support lead is a hands-on supervisory role reporting to the Application and Software Development Manager.
The primary responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Ensuring production applications have the highest possible availability to suit the business needs
- Working with departmental leadership to champion and control processes ensuring that they are adhered to by the wider business and team itself
- Mentoring/coaching team in all aspects of software support/configuration and development required to maintain
- Providing technical support to the user community including categorisation of tickets and passing items onto Infrastructure Support, PMO or Development teams as appropriate
- Managing the inbound ticket workload to ensure that all systems the business uses has sufficient support for the users to operate effectively
- Ensuring the team is trained on systems and processes are adequately documented
- Configuration of business systems within the change management framework
- Monitor all applications working closely with the Infrastructure team to ensure appropriate management and planning of server capacity, performance and security, including any actions to ensure operational services are maintained and restored
- Controlling and maintain branching and source control of code
- Gathering/distributing and actioning upon data for KPIs
- Ensuring team aligned to the current code review process
- Prioritizations and analysis of production issues
- Work with all members of the development and release teams to ensure well documented, tested and stable releases of systems.
- Provide application level network and server support alongside DBA and Infrastructure teams
- Work with 3rd party system vendors to ensure internal users are supported and trained.
- Support 3rd party users of system, such as integrators and brokers
- Provide support for developer tools and frameworks to the development team
- Act as gatekeeps to the production systems code and data, ensuring the integrity and security
- Ensuring that systems and data integrity and security are maintained, especially ensuring that the business and its' clients are not negatively impacted
- Liaising with DBA, Development, Infrastructure and BI team to ensure that the teams and systems work with a common goal
- Demonstrable experience in software support or Help/Service Desk experience
- Logical/Problem solving mindset
- Self starter with a can do attitude
- MS SQL, Windows Server & IIS
- Proven team leadership skills working within an ITIL environment
- Experience in support software in a regulated industry
- Service Management experience including ITIL
- DevOps including CI/CD
- Virtualisation technology e.g. vSphere
- C# / MVC / .NET
- UI Framework experience preferably in Angular, secondary Knockout
- Unit testing
- Experienced in utilizing source control preferably GIT
- Avaya configuration
- CRM Support / Configuration
- Experian Powercurve
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- How to attract the best developers to your permanent jobs
With businesses looking to reduce their reliance on a contract workforce, Rupert Ronca looks at how businesses can attract d...
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.