- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Network / Automation Engineer
A Project Network & Automation Engineer is required by a large Pharmaceutical organisation to sit within their global Info Protect Security programme.
Key responsibilities are:
* Work with the Global Manufacturing and Supply sites and asset owners to understand the current Operational Technology landscape and impact of the change;
* Matrix management to deliver the Global Manufacturing and Supply components of the Operational Technology programme (across all subs-streams);
* Mentor and skills transfer to operational groups (steady state);
* Input into the definition of the OT Security Target Operating Model (including cost profile/benchmark);
* Input into requirements, policy and control documentation in conjunction with an OT SME and Business Analyst;
* Participate in the use case development and design for supporting technologies;
* Support the delivery of technical works packages such as prototyping, POCs, labs;
* Assist in the development and execution of global and site migration / remediation plans;
* Champion the programme and its strategies and changes.
* Technical expertise in several scientific and engineering automation areas including ISA standards (e.g. S88, S95), P&ID nomenclature, Automation architecture, instrumentation and electrical wiring diagrams, communication networks, control panels, HMI, MES, SCADA, PLC and Historians;
* Broad and in-depth knowledge and practical experience of computer and application validation (preferably using GAMP methodology), cGMPs, and 21 CFR Part 11 in an FDA regulated environment;
* Working knowledge and understanding of EHS Practices and regulations with respect to the installation of automated plant;
* Ability to communicate to senior stakeholders, with a specific link to Info Protect and Global Manufacturing and Supply teams, but also with wider CBS LT, ITLT and other business areas;
* Good learning agility - ability to pick up new subject areas quickly;
* Significant experiencing in engaging with business leaders and operational teams with engineering, technical and operational services;
* Experience in working on enterprise OT / Automation programmes that impacted multiple sites across a dispersed geography;
* Project management experience; capable of planning complex site migration plans, ideally with a network focus;
* Desirable: a good working knowledge of network architectures and Ethernet communications, knowledge of Windows servers and workstations, an understanding of Windows Domains and Active Directory, and lastly a fundamental understanding of firewalls and routing.
* Desirable: Understanding of ISA99 and security knowledge around multiple domains e.g. Identity and Access Management, Network and Communications, Host and Application, and Monitoring.
This role will be based in Brentford, for initial 6 month duration on a five day per week basis. Some travel will be required in order to complete site visits, mostly within UK and Europe. Paying up to £530pd Maximum.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Communications
- R&D investment creating 5G job opportunities
As the race to 5G heats up, telecoms giants are investing huge money in creating a 5G-enabled network. With huge investment,...
- Why demand is growing for 5G-ready telecoms engineers
New research predicts there’ll be 22 million new 5G-related jobs by the year 2035. Find out what particular skills are in hi...