- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Senior IT Project Manager
You are an experienced IT Project Manager with a proven background in delivery. You are highly proficient in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies. You are interested in working within a large organisation managing medium to large scale projects.
Senior IT Project Manager12 month Fixed Term Contract
Contact: Antony Whicher, 01489 898251
You are an experienced IT Project Manager able to demonstrate a proven background in delivery. You are highly proficient in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies. You are interested in working with a large organisation managing medium to large scale projects.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning and managing IT projects upwards of medium complexity, including estimating, planning, execution, scheduling, definition of product functionality, and cost/budget development and tracking. Typically IT / Systems Integration Projects or small programmes of work.
- Direct and manage projects from beginning to end. Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business and IT goals, in collaboration with business owners, product owners, and other stakeholders.
- Develops labour estimates, cost estimates, schedules, milestones, deliverables, and overall plans for projects.
- Provides leadership in forming the appropriate project team in order to meet the project's objectives.
- Communicates a clear vision of the project's objectives, and leads the project team in achieving them.
- Organises project work into manageable groups (project phases and work breakdown) and determines an effective approach for completing the work.
- Ensures that project and product interdependencies within a program of multiple projects are considered and are tracked as projects are planned and executed.
- Tracks risks and issues in appropriate repositories and ensures their visibility to the people required to resolve them. Escalates risks and issues as appropriate.
- Monitors overall project progress and manages any changes in project scope
- 5+ years of professional experience in IT Project Manager
- Ability to work positively with the full range of individuals and groups involved in the project
- Previous project management oversight experinece of 1-2 project managers
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with senior leadership, the project teams and third-party service providers
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Sound communication and stakeholder management skills
- Good knowledge of project management approaches such as PRINCE2
- Excellent knowledge of Waterfall & Agile methodologies
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
- Women in Project Management: Making the most of the workforce
Baiba Ziga, Project Management Recruitment Consultant, Networkers, reports back on some of the key take aways from the APM N...
Top in Project Management and Business Change
- 7 ways to progress your IT project management career
Looking to take the next step in your project management career? Project management recruitment specialist Sarah Flageole sh...
- 5 industries hiring business change managers in 2018
Baiba Ziga reveals the industries seeking Business Change Managers in 2018.