- About us
- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Our client in the UK's number one IT and AV rental Company. They are currently looking for a PC Technician to join them in Wokingham
Purpose of the role:
To provide support and assistance in the day to day activities of a busy PC department. Undertaking the building, OS installation and configuring of predominantly Intel based Laptops and desktops. Testing the equipment and readying for delivery to our customers. The roles duties will include being involved in all aspects of the department from testing and fault finding through to offsite installation work. Supporting both our internal Sales teams and customers pre and post sales.
- The successful candidate will need to undertake the manual handling of Laptop, desktop and workstation hardware.
- Work to a Day-to-Day delivery schedule with explicit timescales and deadlines.
- The candidate will help prioritise any upcoming workload, raise any issues and start working on future orders in advance of their anticipated shipping date.
- Keep the Rental Management computer system fully updated with order progression.
- Help to handle any queries or issues generated by the sales staff or from customers.
- Respond to customer issues as first line support.
- The candidate will from time to time be required to assist with offsite delivery and Installation work.
- Previous experience supporting Intel based laptops and PC product.
- Have a good understanding and ability with general IT.
- Be results orientated and customer focussed.
- Proven ability to manage their own time during the working day.
- Proactive, self-motivating with a flexible working approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to utilise their own initiative and resolve problems.
- A clean, valid UK driver's license would be an advantage.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
How can you boost your .NET developer salary? Find out in our article.