- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Our client is currently looking for a Spark Engineer to join them onsite in London
We're looking for software engineers with expertise in machine learning and natural language processing to help us build the solutions of the future.
What are the problems we are trying to solve?
Our engineering teams work on several interesting challenges: improving information retrieval to move beyond keyword searches, figuring out how documents relate to each other and automatically determining what a document is about. We have millions of documents, access to one of the largest Spark clusters in the world and senior level backing to make a difference in the organisation.
What impact will this person make?
You'll help us rapidly prototype, iterate and deliver products driven by machine learning to our business; build understanding of the use of ML techniques and technology across our engineering team; and keep us on the intersection of ML research and practical application.
As a Spark Engineer you will:
- Build solutions to ML and NLP problems including document classification, information retrieval and building a graph of related documents across the firm.
- Analyse large data sets to develop custom models and algorithms.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other quantitative discipline
- Apache Spark (2+ years)
- Solid Java experience
- Desirable Skills
- Experience working with Cassandra (desirable)
- An understanding of how to apply Machine Learning algorithms and Libraries
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- How to attract the best developers to your permanent jobs
With businesses looking to reduce their reliance on a contract workforce, Rupert Ronca looks at how businesses can attract d...
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.