- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
2nd Line Support Specialist
An Automotive Supplier requires a 2nd Line Support Analyst to join their team based in Birmingham.
Work with the Senior IT Service & Support Engineer to provide day to day IT Support to the user community-based at Birmingham Business Park.
Essential skills & experience:
- In-depth knowledge of Office 365, Windows 7 & 10 and other standard client applications.
- User account creation and management; Active Directory & Exchange
- Automated PC build and software deployment technologies
- Familiarity with formal methodologies, particularly ITIL
- Ability to prioritise and schedule work to deliver maximum value to the business
- Demonstrable ability to undertake diagnostics in a structured and effective way
Desirable skills & experience:
- PRTG infrastructure monitoring
- ITIL V3 Foundation qualification
- Up to date Microsoft qualifications, particularly network management & SCCM
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the rest of the IT Team to deliver high quality IT support to a user community of around 150 people.
- Support the transition from reactive to proactive tasks through improved processes, monitoring, maintenance and management.
- Diagnose and resolve problems across the full range of IT solutions in use within the business, taking the initiative and working proactively, without close supervision.
- Work with the rest of the IT Team to improve support quality and productivity.
- Actively seek improvements to processes, policies and procedures to enhance customer service.
- Ensure all incidents are recorded and handled properly.
- Further the reputation of the IT Team within the business by communicating effectively, supporting agreed policies and behaving in a professional manner.
- Help ensure the needs of new starters are fully met, right first time.
- Proactively share knowledge and help other team members to do the same.
- Ensure solutions provided are in line with agreed IT strategy and standards.
- Adhere to industry best practice, as outlined in ITIL V3.
- Use the Service Desk Management Tool and associated resources effectively and constructively. Work to and support use of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Support IT elements of projects and initiatives, working effectively with in-house and external resources.
- Work with the rest of the team to ensure periods of holiday and absence are covered as effectively as possible, so as to minimise risk to Service Delivery.
- Occasionally work outside normal office hours when necessary.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...