- About us
- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Senior Business Analyst
This is a great opportunity for somebody who has experience working as a Senior Business Analyst and would like to further his career in a welcoming work environment.
The competitive package will be commensurate with relevant skills and experience.
We are recruiting for the Senior Business Analyst for one of the respected organisations on the South Coast. If you want to make a real difference, this is definitely the role for you!
You will join a company that is undergoing an extensive IT Transformation and your work will have positive implications for the wider business. If you like to come back home feeling you are part of an exciting endeavour that will make a difference in people's lives, please keep reading as you may have found the ideal role for yourself.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for assisting the Lead Business Analyst in defining the appropriate business analysis approach across multiple projects whilst leading on the delivery of analysis artefacts and directing more junior members of staff in carrying out analysis activities. The Senior Business Analyst is also responsible for gathering and understanding the business needs of the organisation within specific projects and operational improvement initiatives.
The Senior Business Analyst works with Project Managers, Business Partner Managers and IT/business teams, to ensure that requirements are accurately translated into system implementations and that business processes are optimised where appropriate.
- Assist the Lead Business Analyst to establish and maintain business analysis standards and be an ambassador for the Business Analysis function within the organisation.
- Devise, own and lead the analysis approach to projects, specifying the methods and techniques most appropriate to the situation at hand.
- Work with project managers to define business analysis products and to plan the delivery of the business analysis components of projects.
- Assist and coach junior members of staff to conduct business analysis activities by providing direction and quality assurance.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural and clear language.
- Analyse business processes within the company and recommend projects to improve the effectiveness of those processes.
- Assist the business in the production of business cases to underpin business projects.
- Maintain relationships and advise senior management / stakeholders.
- Assist in creating test artefacts and in testing IT solutions.
- Demonstrable, significant and in-depth experience in business analysis; applying business analysis tools / method / techniques across a range of medium and large complex projects and programmes.
- Experience of leading and managing more junior BA staff on large-scale projects.
- Extensive breadth and depth of knowledge of multiple business analysis methodologies including but not limited to use cases, user stories, JAD/JAR, basic UX/UI design, interface design, data modelling.
- Significant and extensive experience of successful business process re-design, analysis, definition and documentation including demonstrable experience of standard modelling notation - BPMN, EPC, UML.
- Significant breadth and depth of expertise in applying business process improvement within complex environments.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Proven understanding and experience in waterfall and agile/iterative development approaches.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining standards and process.
- Strong technical knowledge of end-to-end provision of IT services (while specific technical knowledge is not required, ability to see the end to end customer journey and understand the technical interlinking of components (including in-life service) is necessary).
- Background and understanding of regulatory environments is an advantage, but is not a prerequisite.
- Degree, or equivalent level of experience.
- Relevant Business Analysis qualification e.g. BCS Business Analysis Diploma or CCBA/CBAP certified.
- Association for Project Management (APM), Project Management Institute (PMI) or Chartered Management Institute (CMI), Prince2 certified a bonus.
If this sounds like a good opportunity, we want to hear from you!
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
- Women in Project Management: Making the most of the workforce
Baiba Ziga, Project Management Recruitment Consultant, Networkers, reports back on some of the key take aways from the APM N...
Top in Project Management and Business Change
- 7 ways to progress your IT project management career
Looking to take the next step in your project management career? Project management recruitment specialist Sarah Flageole sh...
- 5 industries hiring business change managers in 2018
Baiba Ziga reveals the industries seeking Business Change Managers in 2018.