- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Build & Device Manager
Build & Device Manager - Southampton - 345,000 - £55,000
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for a Build & Device Manager to join one of the UK's leading firms.
This position sits within the End User Services (EUS) team, under the group-wide Infrastructure Operations function. The EUS team itself is comprised of five teams that heavily rely upon one-another:
- Build & Device Management; Client Device Deployment, Management, Application Packaging and Deployment
- Platforms; Servers, Client & Server O/S, Virtualisation and VDI, Citrix
- Core Services; Enabling, Core Services - AD DS, Group Policy, PKI, DNS, DHCP
- Collaboration; Collaboration Tools - Messaging (Exchange), Lync, SharePoint, Office 365
Client Device and Mobility Support; Retail and Desktop Support of devices/associated software and its delivery to desktops, laptops, mobiles, tablet and store devices.
As a manager of the Build and Device Management team you will help to build group processes, converge services, define new group standards and ways of working; enabling our strategy. You'll steer the "BAU," Customer and Service Improvement Projects work streams that help deliver IT services and support for the group.
You will have Operational accountability for the following products/ services across the estate:
- Client device Operating System build & deployment
- Application packaging & deployment across client, mobile and server end-points
- Device management and desired state configuration
You will also help to build, shape and deliver the Client Infrastructure Roadmap working with the Infra Design Team.
- Management of a team of 9, with 7 direct reports located in the UK and France
- Responsibility for client estate of 30,000 clients, 80,000 users across 1,200 sites
- Management of third party vendors on hardware catalogue/ portfolio and lifecycle
- Requirement for regular travel (within UK and Europe)
- Defining service related KPIs that can be used to measure the effectiveness of services and customer perception of services
- Delivering service in-line with the EUS Core KPIs (SLA, Aged Incident targets)
- Increasing consumption of 2nd Line, off-shore team for repeat tasks/ churn to increase available time for Service Improvement/ Innovation
Innovation, Service Improvement & Ownership
Regularly engaging customers and key stakeholders for feedback, establishing improvement plans and feeding-back on progress on an ongoing basis, measuring the success of related outcomes
- Working with vendors and the Infrastructure Design team on what the future/ "good" looks like, engaging your team and customers on that vision whilst also helping to ensure its realisation / delivery
- Driving consistency across all locations through definition and implementation of group standards and processes relating to Client Operating System build and deployment, packaging and application deployment as well as any tooling used to deliver these services across all locations
- Designing group service and support models for new technologies and capabilities, helping to ensure we enable successful adoption of these services across the group
- Seeking operational efficiencies / service improvement initiatives both internally and with third-parties
- Credibly communicating challenges, plans and progress, at director level
Team Engagement and Development
- Defining your team's continuous development. improvement plan, complementing the wider EUS plans, as well as coordinating SME/ team member-specific improvement plans
- Managing a multi-site team comprised of employees, contractors and managed service partners/third parties based at Southampton and Lille
- Delivering activities that contribute towards the wider EUS convergence and engagement plans
- Previous experience working in a technical support role at SME level - a technical understanding of related services and technologies is key to this role
- "Technologist" mindset - awareness of vendor roadmaps, roadmaps, business challenges and an ability to translate these into a plan to develop services offered by team
- Relevant recent experience managing a 3rd-line technical team including:
- Budget forecasting
- Personnel management
- Resource and workload planning/ prioritisation
- Reporting/analysis of statistical/ trend data
- Recent experience working within a large organisation with a globally disparate user-base
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Technical understanding of Client Build, Operating Systems, Application Deployment and Device Management
- Ability to prioritise according to business strategy and relate IT solutions to specific situations and business needs
- Proven ability to influence and build effective working relationships with customers, peers, and external providers
- Proven ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language and vice versa
- Ability to work well in diverse, multinational teams and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to resolve conflicts and problems and follow through to completion
- Strong business and commercial acumen
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) Coe (at) Networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.