- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Service Design & Transition Analyst
Service Design & Introduction Analyst - Southampton - Up to £34,000
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for a Service Design & Introduction Analyst to join one of the UK's leading organisations.
Reporting to the Group Service Transition Manager, the Service Design & Introduction Analyst is responsible for designing and introducing new or changing services within the Group, on behalf of the IT Services function. This is achieved through planning and communication activities and involves working closely with projects and all areas of the IT Services organisation in the UK and across the group.
As a Service Design & Transition Analyst you will need to establish many strong relationships. You will need effective relationships with both IT Services and business managers to design and transition projects and services. You will also have to influence strongly into the project teams to ensure the provision of service for new and changed Services is duly considered. Working closely with the Service Management, Operations and Programme teams will be essential
- You will be a representative of the services function in projects that are introducing a new IT service or changing an existing IT service.
- You will be working alongside existing Service Design and Introduction Managers aiding them in duties to design and introduce new services
- You will be creating documentation that will be used to design and support the services introduced
- You will be making sure that the projects or initiatives that don't have assigned service design/introduction resource follow the correct process and will aide them in filling out the correct support documentation
- You will gather operational readiness of the impacted areas gathering their requirements and following through with the projects to resolve
- Identify any risks or deficiencies within a new or changed service. Ensure these are documented, assessments are performed, and mitigated or escalated to a senior member of the team.
- You will be a service management champion, making sure that service is at the forefront of the project and is always considered
- Ensure all individuals involved with planning, project, and change activities are aware of their roles and responsibilities within Service Design & Introduction.
- In addition to creating support documents there is a requirement to create Service Level Agreements for new services or ensure amendments made to existing Service Level Agreements.
- Actively seeks new opportunity and runs initiatives to continually improve our processes
- Experience of service management
- Experience of working with 3rd party partners
- Good knowledge and understanding of IT technology areas
- Experience of managing relationships with internal customers
- Experience in relationship building
- Understanding impacts to end system users
- Strong ITIL skills - ideally ITIL qualified but not essential to be qualified
- General technical knowledge and expertise of best-in-class service support
- Experience of managing relationships with internal business customers
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships with customers, peers, and external providers
- Proven ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language and vice versa
- Prepared to travel between UK sites regularly at key times
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to resolve conflicts and problems and follow through to completion
- Excellent command of written and verbal business English
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) Coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
How can you boost your .NET developer salary? Find out in our article.