- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
IT Training Manager
An IT Training Manager is required for 3 months (likely to be extended) based in Brighton
The IT Training Manager will develop and deliver a high quality training programme for the new student records system, including production of training artefacts for stakeholders across the institution.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong organisational skills and knowledge of best practice in training management. They will assess institutional training and development needs and deliver teaching of the developed courses to a wide variety of professional services and academic staff and be responsible for their management, development and supervision.
Proven experience of leading IT training and change management initiatives, excellent people management skills and ability to quickly build credibility and influence at all levels are essential as the Training Manager will work closely with teams across the institution. This role would suit a collaborative professional who enjoys both strategic and operational training delivery.
* Develop and manage the TechnologyOne training strategy and end-user training plan from inception,
* Conduct and review training needs analysis and customer feedback across the range of identified stakeholders,
* Liaise and rapidly build productive relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels as well as external suppliers,
* Provide expert guidance and support to the Programme in regards to delivering an effective training programme across the institution, ensuring consistency of quality,
* Support and guide the Programme team on aspects relating to the training strategy,
* Develop and design the training material for the programme,
Skills and experience:
* Experience in leading the design and implementation of a complex IT Training strategy, in particular during the rollout of new IT projects and during a time of significant transformational change,
* Proven experience in devising and delivering a training programme that will utilise a wide range of training methods -
* Strong communication, facilitation and change management skills together with tangible evidence of driving positive cultural change within large complex organisations - ideally in the higher education sector.
* In addition to holding a relevant professional qualification, candidates will have well developed performance coaching and mentoring skills.
* Experience of managing training within an operational environment with an annual cycle of business-critical resource commitments
* Experience of the full training lifecycle including the design, development and delivery of large scale training programmes
* Familiarity with project lifecycle and Agile methodologies is desirable,
* Experience of complex scheduling,
* Experience of resource management,
* Experience of effectively managing or mitigating against risk,
* Proven skills in stakeholder management including building relationships and influencing senior members of a business, preferably in a Higher Education setting
* Working knowledge of Microsoft technologies including MS Office 2016 and Office 365 products.
This role is to start asap and will pay £400-450 per day (Ltd/Umbrella) depending on experience.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.