- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
BI Developer/Data Engineer
Working as part of the cross-functional Data team who are currently in the process of re-platforming our traditional, on-premises RDBMS environment to a new architecture in the cloud.
Our cross-functional Data team has a big and exciting challenge ahead. We are in the process of re-platforming our traditional, on-premises RDBMS environment to a new architecture in the cloud. We're making use of the diverse set of data technologies in Microsoft Azure to offer new services, reporting structures and real-time data pipelines…all while serving the day-to-day requirements of a rapidly growing, data-hungry organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is looking to learn new skills. We are committed to creating a culture of training and regularly run proof of concepts, provide internal demos, manage workshops and attend external conferences. Our data team has a wide range of skills including development for highly transactional RDBMS systems, data warehousing, data science and cloud technologies and we are always working to raise everyone's game.
What you will do:
- Work as part of an agile data team.
- Maintenance of our on-premises RDBMS / Data Warehouse systems
- Create robust ETL services and data pipelines that move vast amounts of around the business.
- Build and maintain Continuous Integration pipelines
- Test driven development and pair programming with colleagues
- Demo work to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Creating documentation and training material for the code you deliver
You'll need experience with the following:
- Demonstrable understanding of MS SQL Server modelling and indexing strategies in either an OLTP or OLAP environment.
- Able to write complex queries and identify performance bottlenecks.
- Can communicate an understanding of Transactions, Locking/Blocking and Isolation levels.
- Experience of working with large datasets and highly transactional environments
- Good understanding of one or more ETL tools and able to create a simple ETL process
Desirable experience would be in the following:
- Cloud data services, ideally Azure (Data Lake, Stream Analytics, Data Factory)
- NoSQL development (CosmosDB)
- C#, .Net, Visual Studio
This is a great opportunity to work for an organisation who do not focus heavily on one technology, instead they choose the right product for the job. You will get exposure to lots of data tech such as Azure Data Lake Analytics. The organisation truly values its employees and that is shown through the environment and atmosphere provided.
If this looks like an interesting role for you please send your CV forward to Dave
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- How to attract the best developers to your permanent jobs
With businesses looking to reduce their reliance on a contract workforce, Rupert Ronca looks at how businesses can attract d...
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.