- About us
- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Lead Network Specialist
Lead Network Specialist - Reigate - £65,000 + Benefits
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Network Specialist to join one of the UK's leading organisations.
- To ensure IT Network Services in Development, Test and Production environments are monitored, maintained and operational in line with agreed standards and policies.
- To support IT Network Services in line with agreed availability criteria.
- To ensure that the agreed IT Network Service Levels of Just are maintained within the IT Infrastructure function.
- To deliver new IT services and support their transition into the Production environments, in conjunction with Technical delivery teams.
- To provide senior level network support, undertake maintenance and input to solution design.
- Putting in place and maintaining network security measures
- Manage a small team of network engineers
- Follow processes within the IT Infrastructure Teams for Incident, Request and Problem Management that are aligned to ITIL principles.
- Effectively monitor core business systems and Infrastructure, specifically the network infrastructure across Just sites.
- Ensure that maintenance and upkeep of Just network infrastructure is carried out in a timely and accurate fashion by the team.
- Ensure the effective delivery of changes to infrastructure and platform within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure environment availability and support the infrastructure to enable test and production deployments of application releases, developing and maintaining repeatable processes.
- Liaising with Business Stakeholders, own and manage 3rd party application maintenance based on vendor schedules and by following provided guidance.
- Proactively identify improvements both internally and with 3rd party suppliers to enhance service provision.
- Administer access, domains and connectivity of all applications in internal and external hosted environments.
- Manage infrastructure suppliers to ensure availability, architectural and security adherence to company/department policy.
- Demonstrate a strong appreciation for the commercial and business impact of IT outages within the business in the delivery of Incident, Request and Problem Management.
- Build and manage effective relationships with other teams, agreeing inputs and outputs, terms of engagement and boundaries or responsibility. Understand good practice in service provision and customer service.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of services provided within the Group and understand how they are constructed.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent understanding of Network platforms - Cisco Nexus 7K, Catalyst 3850, HP\3COM, Dell PowerConnect and Force10 series switches.
- Excellent understanding of Firewalls platforms - Juniper, Palo Alto.
- Strong experience of Wireless Technologies - Aruba
- Network monitoring and Capacity Management experience e.g. Solarwinds or similar product set.
- Strong experience of Network Technologies including routing Protocols Static, OSPF, RIP and BGP. VRRP/HSRP, VLANs, SPAN, Ethernet technologies, ACL, VPNs, SNMP
- General knowledge of VoIP technologies including QoS
- Good understanding of change management process
- Strong problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in presenting
- Excellent problem solving and project management experience
- The ability to lead and motivate a small team
- Extensive network management\support experience.
- Proven experience of managing small teams, goal setting, development, coaching, etc
- Extensive knowledge and experience of implementing and supporting an enterprise network environment on a day to day basis.
- Working exposure to Microsoft technologies, advanced Client\Server architecture.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) coe (at) networkerstechnology.com!
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
How can you boost your .NET developer salary? Find out in our article.