- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
NHS IT Support / Network Services Analyst
NHS IT Support / Network Services Analyst is required for 12 months (likely to be extended) based in Pontypool, South Wales.
Reporting to the Network Services Team Leader, you will be part of a team that supports the ICT infrastructure, which comprises over one hundred sites across South Wales. You will work as part of the ICT Infrastructure Team and will undertake the technical tasks required in providing comprehensive Data Networking services.
* Maintain the security, integrity and availability of Trust's data networking, which support core clinical services. E.g. Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Wi-Fi, and UPS
* Exercise good judgement and analytical skills in the day to day support of the data networking platform
* Respond to and complete service issues within the terms stated within the service level agreements.
* Ensure project work is completed within agreed timescales.
* Maintain systems to provide raw data (NPM) on technological capacity.
* Respond to user problems, in conjunction with the ICT Services customers, ICT Services staff, and third party suppliers of goods and services
* Update and publish ICT Networks documentation.
* Provide advice and support to all members of ICT services and Infrastructure Support team.
* Update equipment inventory and ensure that necessary spares are catered for.
* Update and publish Standard Operational Procedures for ICT Services system support.
* Update, publish and test backup and recovery documentation, procedures
For this position you need to meet the following criteria:
* Degree in related subject, or equivalent level or relevant experience
* Proven experience within a broad and complex data networking operational environment
* Proven experience of using a major call management / helpdesk application
Any experience within the following will be highly desirable:
* Avaya-Nortel Networks Certified Support Specialist (NNCSS)
* Network agnostic or vendor accreditation e.g. Comp TIA Network+, CCNA or equivalent experience and/or qualification
* ITIL Foundation v3
* Experience of technical VOIP systems support in an Avaya/Nortel or Cisco environment
This role is to start asap and will pay 12.59 p/h PAYE or £15.48 p/h Umbrella (Inside the scope of IR35)
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...